Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Custom Auto modeling forums/sites???

michigan02
07-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Anyone know if the "automotive forums" is the largest for custom auto models and customizing to scale models? I have searched about to see if there was others but no luck.
Thanks,
John

Diesel2NR
07-06-2003, 02:17 PM
I know of one that is as nice, if not nicer, than this forum, but deals more with the muscle side of the modeling spectrum. There are a lot more imports coming through there though. I'm sorry though, because out of respect to AF, I'm not going to post the URL here. I don't think that would be appriciated.

willimo
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Why not? Is this some sort of competition? Would it be unthinkable to check two forums? Forums don't get mad if you talk sweetly to other forums.

michigan02
07-06-2003, 02:54 PM
yeah hitllet doesnt own this forum ;)

zerrocool
07-06-2003, 03:16 PM
post the link bro

supratuner
07-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by zerrocool
post the link bro

hes prolly talking about www.briansmodelcars.com

there are a lot of custom model car sites. heres a short list that i can think of off the top of my head
also look in most peoples signatures

www.tinyimports.com

actually thats the only one i can think of that i can type, i have one, www.2nermodelcarclub.20m.com
TOnionseven and Honoturtle both have good sites also:bigthumb:

Jay!
07-06-2003, 04:52 PM
www.modelcarkits.com also has a forum; it's pretty focused on muscle cars, too.

Diesel2NR
07-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah...BMC is the one I was talkin about. I just didn't think that it would be appriciated by some if it was posted here...guess I was wrong...:dunno:

supratuner
07-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Diesel2NR
Yeah...BMC is the one I was talkin about. I just didn't think that it would be appriciated by some if it was posted here...guess I was wrong...:dunno:

LOL
well in my opinion.
BMC is a good place if ure into Muscle cars, lots of muscle on there.
AF is more of a Jap/European car place, not as much muscle.

Honoturtle
07-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Actually, I see alot of AF members that log into BMC, they have the same progress threads, names etc. I have a name there, but I feel more at "home" on this forum.

tonioseven
07-06-2003, 10:45 PM
I am a member of BMC as well!:eek: :smile:

Diesel2NR
07-06-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm seeing a lot of AFers come into BMC lately. I post my progress and stuff on both forums. I figure if the members of one site can't answer a question, members on the other might be able to. Plus, the information is on both boards incase someone who only uses one of them needs it (and decided to try and use the search function). I know FOTW, Tonio, Ray, and I are all members of both sites.

CamaroSSBoy346
07-06-2003, 10:57 PM
i'm a member of briansmodelcars website. I dont like the idea you cant post pics if your a noobie, so i dont hang around there often. What about carsrule.com model forum?

Honoturtle
07-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm seeing a lot of AFers come into BMC lately. I post my progress and stuff on both forums. I figure if the members of one site can't answer a question, members on the other might be able to. Plus, the information is on both boards incase someone who only uses one of them needs it (and decided to try and use the search function). I know FOTW, Tonio, Ray, and I are all members of both sites. \
I'm a member as well, and go under "JDMF_2003" but haven't posted much since I can't even keep up with the pace of this forum!

Diesel2NR
07-06-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm an administrator on CR...we don't focus much on model cars though, plus the site is down from what Josh was tellin me. I haven't checked if it's working today, so I didn't mention it

supratuner
07-07-2003, 12:05 AM
I'm an administrator on CR...we don't focus much on model cars though, plus the site is down from what Josh was tellin me. I haven't checked if it's working today, so I didn't mention it

i got it linked to my site and i was just updating my site and the link didnt work.
thought id let you know

primera man
07-07-2003, 07:08 AM
I visit BMC and its a good site, but i seem to spend all my time here which is enough to keep me busy

Add your comment to this topic!