Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Auto X - utah pics

Neutrino
07-06-2003, 11:42 AM
well i was the other weekend autocrossing again.....major fun:bigthumb:

i was running completelly stock suspension and tires.....body roll was not bad but my all season tires were a mess....i was fighting undesteer the whole way and chewed up the tires pretty bad....i pushed them to the max.....

prettu soon i'll get some falken azenis or kuhmo ectas....they are both pretty cheap and offer very good traction....i heard that some kuhmo's have a weaker sidewall and they get bruised easily but i have yet to see it.....

sharp turn...as you can see heavily loaded front left tire.....but i'm pretty happy with the body roll and the fact that all 4's are on the ground....
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/868407fairpark7.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/948637fairpark6.jpg

notice the black box....that is the finish clock sensor.....and its three yards away from a 90 degree turn after a starightaway.....so you either come full throttle and understeer into the cones or brake early before the sensor....at the begining i had some major understeer caused by locked wheels but in my last few runs i got down sone nice brake modulation as you can see in the pic i was able to come almost at full speed and turn....
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/362647faipark5.jpg

ac427cpe
07-06-2003, 01:24 PM
awesome! i'm jealous, it's too hot here to run a summer series... so i am without untill the fall. but that's ok too! cause the mr2 and the lotus should be almost done or done!

and get the Falkens, unless u have the big money to spend on the v700 Victoracers, and if u don't... don't bother with kuhmo

that looks like a pretty fun short course, how were the times?
and... any other pics of the day?

Neutrino
07-06-2003, 01:55 PM
the course was short but not as short as seen in the pictures - you only see about a 1/3 of it - it was a low 40 to low 60 sec course......we have another one here much longer with high 70 low 80 sec for the fastest cars....

but anyway.....i was thinking too about the azenis.....they seem to work for a lot of guys there......

the thing is i will not put much more money in my car since i'l get a new one in about a month or two....most likely it will be a 350Z....i want a RWD.....in certain corners i like to accelerate very early but this causes severe understeer in FWD plus in my car it takes forever to get in the powerband after slow corners....so with 200 punds of torque ready at 2000 rpm the z should prove adequate.....

i also decided i will buid a trailer queen just for autcross and who knows maybe a solo I event....i will be most likely an s14 or even maybe an ae86....ther is a guy at our track with one that he bought for 250$ and its awesome.... :bigthumb:

about the photos i'll post more soon...next time i'll also get my camcorder and i'll try to post some videos too....

about the weather...it was very hot....that was the only complaint i had about the day since the course was way awesome......

ac427cpe
07-06-2003, 02:32 PM
sweet, yeah i use the azenis right now they get :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
there were some 350Z's at the end of this past season, and MAN! they were fast. don't get the touring one if you buy one...

Neutrino
07-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ac427cpe
sweet, yeah i use the azenis right now they get :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
there were some 350Z's at the end of this past season, and MAN! they were fast. don't get the touring one if you buy one...

nah i was thinking about getting the enthusiast.....it has LSD but no VDC like the track to slap my hand.....i can always get the brembo's later....

Tercel GTS
07-07-2003, 07:14 PM
I ran my first soloII race last month, with a stock HS tercel on, :lol: 155/80/13 goodyear viva2's (from walmart no less) I beat a 911 porsche then my PAX time I beat an Audi TT Quatro and an RX7. I learned a good bit about driving, and will do even better this month. I'll take my cam and get some pics from that event!

Neutrino
07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Tercel GTS
I ran my first soloII race last month, with a stock HS tercel on, :lol: 155/80/13 goodyear viva2's (from walmart no less) I beat a 911 porsche then my PAX time I beat an Audi TT Quatro and an RX7. I learned a good bit about driving, and will do even better this month. I'll take my cam and get some pics from that event!

sweet....i just love how much driver dependent is autocrossing....you have a very good chance against much better cars if they have crappy drivers......

and your skill advances visibly...

Tercel GTS
07-07-2003, 07:28 PM
are you saying that TT shoulda outran my stock tercel?
:lol:

Neutrino
07-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Tercel GTS
are you saying that TT shoulda outran my stock tercel?
:lol:

i wound't dream of it.....:wink:

german engineering...bah...tercel power:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!