Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

greatmodels.com

CamaroSSBoy346
07-05-2003, 11:13 PM
anyone ever order from them? How are they? Some prices seem really good. Great variety.

CamaroSSBoy346
07-05-2003, 11:34 PM
if i do buy from them this is what i may get. Good choices, eh?

freakray
07-06-2003, 12:30 AM
I have ordered from them twice, the first time was a mistake, the second time an even bigger mistake (should've learnt from the first time but thought to give them a second chance).
There shipping is slow and they have hidden charges they like to throw in there without warning you, so they don't actually work out cheaper.
Not only that, you can get in stock items from HLJ quicker than from greatmodels.com, and before placing your order, call them and check they have everything you want, they did that to me too.
The website said in stock, when I ordered the item it was taking forever to ship so I called them, their website hadn't been updated and they were waiting for new stock!!!
Took 6 weeks from Utah to Pennsylvania, I have had items in 10 days from Singapore to PA(from date of order on both!).

They suck, avoid them is all I can say.

CamaroSSBoy346
07-06-2003, 11:59 AM
:swear:

mech0t0
07-06-2003, 05:01 PM
I have ordered once from Great hobby:thefinger Poor backaging!!! The model was destoryed during transportation, and their insurance did not cover any damages only on losses! I can live with minimum shipping charge but NOT hidden handling charges!!! Never again!

Guido
07-07-2003, 03:53 AM
We've ordered once with them. Did a combined order with some guys from the local hobby club in Belgium/Europe. They send us stuff we didn't order, other stuff we did order was not included. In other words: a mess. Took six months and tons of calls and e-mails :comprage1 before the matter was settled. :thumbsdow

Itsuki
07-07-2003, 06:17 AM
the shop sucks realy hard :mad: :thumbsdow

i never order from them again

but the volvo and the silvia is a realy nice choice camaro

:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!