Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No crank No start

captainhook60
08-19-2021, 02:49 PM
I have a 07 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 Z71. Everything seams to have power except the starting system when I turn the key to the start position theres no power going through the fuse. I have had this problem before but was able to jump start it but this time that didn't work. I need to know the exact things I need to look at to figure out what's going on. One other thing I only have my spare key and I don't have the key fob either at least not with me right now! will that have anything to do with this issue??

Blue Bowtie
08-19-2021, 06:34 PM
Is there any message on the instrument panel about "Security" or something similar?

captainhook60
08-19-2021, 06:57 PM
It acually does have the service anti-theft system light on now it wasn't at first when it wouldn't start in the first place

Blue Bowtie
08-20-2021, 07:15 PM
This may require a bi-directional scanner capable of CANbus communicatons.

motorsports12
11-04-2022, 01:07 PM
I have a 07 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 Z71. Everything seams to have power except the starting system when I turn the key to the start position theres no power going through the fuse. I have had this problem before but was able to jump start it but this time that didn't work. I need to know the exact things I need to look at to figure out what's going on. One other thing I only have my spare key and I don't have the key fob either at least not with me right now! will that have anything to do with this issue??

had the same thing - tried all the relays and other youtube advices - turned out to be the starter (which was original) - starter was in such bad shape the terminal posts were broken

j cAT
12-02-2022, 12:56 PM
had the same thing - tried all the relays and other youtube advices - turned out to be the starter (which was original) - starter was in such bad shape the terminal posts were broken

I did the engine not cranking .. then I did the relay to change the horn relay .. then the engine starter works then the horn is not working ............

replaced it ....

2 years ago the starter wires connectors are the iron nuts did a corrosion .... then I used a brass/s/steel nut then it works .. my 2000 is the OEM ....

Add your comment to this topic!