Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda Clarity Touring vs Honda Accord EX

Mimonic
07-13-2021, 06:59 PM
Hi Folks,

I just moved from India to the US and looking to buy my first car. I want to go with a used car considering the current new prices being sky-high.

I initially started with a budget of 15K loan + 3 down (including taxes and registration). But there is a particular Honda Clarity Touring 2018 model at 25K out the door price. I loved the test-drive and the fuel efficiency. It has 52K miles and as good as new.

Just before I signed the Clarity deal, my friend told me that she can sell her Honda Accord EX 2018 which has a 22K mileage as on date (on lease till November) and in November, the residual value is about 14.5K - so I can own it by paying that amount. I'm planning to use the vehicle till Nov by paying her the monthly lease amount that she needs to pay to her dealer. So I'm going to incur 1.5K on lease amounts + 14.5K + registration and taxes (about 15%).

Please suggest what would be a good deal? How do the cars and deals compare?

Am I missing something from my calculations? Like, on Accord, do I need to do two title transfers? (like from dealer to my friend and from her to me?)

Thanks in advance.

Add your comment to this topic!