Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Need Traverse Rear Lift Supports

PeteCal
05-20-2021, 01:15 PM
My son's 2012 Traverse needs lift supports for the tailgate. I can't seem to find replacements. I found some at one parts store but when I tried them they were not the same as that one the vehicle. The new one for the left side had a bracket permanently attached where as the one on the car snapped off just like usual. And the bracket had 3 screws but the bracket on the vehicle had 2 screws.

I went to another parts store and they had nothing and couldn't cross reference to a universal. Also they said I need a left and right, one $3.00 more then the other. I am sure they come with a bracket like the other place but the clerk said the picture didn't show a bracket....the first store doesn't show a bracket either but the one I got had one.

A third parts store (online) shows left and right for $3.00 more but the pictures are identical.

A fourth store has to order them....$3.00 difference in price.

These are all national parts stores.

What is going on?
How can I get replacement supports?

Stealthee
05-20-2021, 05:39 PM
The brackets are separate.

Take a look at gmpartsdirect here https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2012-chevrolet-traverse--ltz--3-6l-v6-gas/body--liftgate

If you look midway down the page you'll see a few lift cylinders and lift cylinder brackets listed. It doesn't look like they list all of the cylinders it may have had, but it gives you a start. The prices aren't too bad for being OEM parts.

PeteCal
05-20-2021, 07:43 PM
It looks like they have the Right side but not the Left. I asked what part that would be.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over these parts.
We'll have to see.
But you are right about the low price.

Add your comment to this topic!