Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weaver

jweaver252
05-13-2021, 12:39 PM
I have an 04 mercury grand marquis. It has 191000 miles but was still running good.
because of mileage I desided to install new coil and plugs. I ordered cheap ones, all went well for about a day, then it started missing, but not a steady miss. I read that the connectors will do this, so I replaced several of them because they were not fastened. I also called the seller and he has sent me a new set.
My first question, should I bother to install them, second should I also replace plugs? would it be best to order a more expensive $$$ set.

All suggestions will be considered. jweaver252

jweaver252
05-13-2021, 05:52 PM
as I have not heard back about my problem, I intend to replace all the coil. (they sent me more). I know that there still cheap coils but maybe will work this time. I will not replace the plugs because I feel most plugs do their job. I will let you know my results.
As I explained I had no problem until I decided to replace plugs and coils because of high mileage. jweaver252

Stealthee
05-13-2021, 06:36 PM
What plugs did you put in? If you put any of the split fire or E3 garbage they are your problem.

jweaver252
05-14-2021, 10:23 AM
Thanks for you input Stealthee,
I had put in motorcraft.
I have now resolved the problem, for your info. I used the replacement coils for one bank and checked all my connectors.(taping some) This seemed to do the job, its running well ,no miss. For a while there I was worried, old car, high mileage.
Again, i appreciate your feed. I'm not a mechanic but if you ever need another idea or two,please let me know.
jweaver252

Add your comment to this topic!