Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No center console

Amputeemom
05-10-2021, 05:02 AM
Are there any models of small pickups or small suvs without a center console? Family member who lost right leg can drive fine with left leg only but has to remove prosthetic. Need something that would give more room to scooch right

aleekat
05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
Are there any models of small pickups or small suvs without a center console? Family member who lost right leg can drive fine with left leg only but has to remove prosthetic. Need something that would give more room to scooch right
I searched for a small pickup truck couple months ago. I didn't see any with a bench seat.

ctesla
05-12-2021, 08:24 AM
amputeemom, Welcome to the Automotive Forums..
apologies; i had posted hours after you on same day, but it must've got bounced from my 'not-so'high speed internet..
to be concise; most ALL smaller trucks/suvs have the center console since about 2010.
full size from 97/98 to 2016 you could find from the big three a 40/20/40 type bench, with a center console that folded up when not needed; but not so in the downsized units..
another option was pulling a center console; which would give a little more leg room, but have possibly some exposed mounting brackets and possibly wire harness (if power or heated seats, and backseat accessories)
another option is to find; for instance, an S10 or Ranger (or import equal) with buckets, and then find a bench seat in a recycle yard to swap in..
some people who want the smaller vehicle, might decide to look at converted jeeps and subarus, as many are available as converted RHDrive vehicles; which puts you closer to the doorside; as opposed to center console..
hope this helps..

Add your comment to this topic!