Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Value on a Restored 1965 Chevy C10

Coues106
04-27-2021, 04:07 PM
I've got an aunt and uncle who are getting on in years and have asked with help selling a 1965 Chevy C10 they had restored on a whim in 2019. I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about cars; I collect classic rifles and thus they figured that might translate to cars. I've always had good luck on forums and appreciate the knowledgeable advice I receive. Would anyone be able to tell me what value I'm looking at on such a vehicle? I know that this isn't a lot of information, but I'm trying to establish a starting point. The invoice for what they had done was 13 pages long and extremely expensive so I'll assume the entire car was overhauled. It was done by Steve's Hot Rod garage out of southern Utah. I don't think they've put more than 50 miles on it since that time and it's been stored in their garage. Please let me know what I need to be aware of, any points that influence the price, etc. Thanks again, and I apologize for the lack of information. I'm happy to answer any questions. Below is the link to the photo.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/?ui=2&view=btop&ver=ops2cvpehp6#attid%253Datt_178f1d8f9ae58f0d_0.1 _178f1d8238cead51fa1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/?ui=2&view=btop&ver=ops2cvpehp6#attid%253Datt_178f1d8f9ae58f0d_0.1 _178f1d8238cead51fa1

ctesla
04-27-2021, 07:38 PM
Orem; welcome to Automotive Forums..
you ask, 'how much is a Chevy pickup worth?'
some people might say, priceless..
others might say; 'whatever someone else is willing to pay.'

-but seriously, it sounds like serious money was put into; not just restoring, but renovating as well.. and while i could not view your pic (probably my internet in the colorado rockies, but might be your image host site; not sure), i would imagine that (depending upon the amount of labor into the truck, and whether the parts were new or refurbished; and whether they were for show or for go) your service receipt could be from 8-12K?
so while your truck might be worth much more than this; since it is a 'niche' market (similar to weapons; not everyone wants or needs a Girardoni circa '79/80, but it would still be cool to have something that historic).. i digress,
your rig might be worth above $20-30k to right buyer, with all your documentation; but you might have to "sit" on it awhile..

you may contact Steve's garage down in the SW corner; they may know of a buyer; or be willing to let it sit on consignment..
it is up to you how much you are willing to 'let it go' for..
here is one in denver;
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/brighton-1965-chevy-c10-short-bed/7313336625.html
you might watch, and see how quickly it sells..
hope this is baseline, and it helps..

Stealthee
04-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Its not your internet. He's trying to link from his yahoo mail. That doesn't work.

In order to post pictures you need to upload them to some place like imgur then post the links here with the img tags.

As for the truck I am personally a HUGE fan of the 62-66 C10. My dad had a 64 for years that he actually sold, then my brother and I bought it back when a friend ended up with it. My dad ended up selling/bartering it again a few years later when he realized he wasn't going to be able to fix it the way he wanted. I really wish I could get ahold of that same truck. There is actually one a few miles from my house that has been sitting for years and it has the perfect patina. I've got a restomod build in my head for one that I would like to eventually do, once I actually get a garage.

I'm getting off subject and rambling but the biggest issue I see is that a restoration was paid for. I'm sure that resto cost every bit 20-25k. The unfortunate truth is the truck would be lucky to be worth that much. It is (as ctesla put it) worth what someone will pay. The majority of people aren't going to pay what they have into the truck. This isn't a 67 Mustang GT500, it is "just a Chevy truck."

The only things that can make a truck of that generation rare is the big back window. Even that doesn't necessarily add a ton of value because most people are more interested in 67-72 Chevy's.

Add your comment to this topic!