Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Spare tire hoist dilemma

bigrockk
04-26-2021, 03:16 PM
2007 2500hd classic, WT extended cab:

My truck was missing the spare tire hoist since I bought it. Now I need the bed space and I'm trying to find one for my truck.

I've been to a ton of auto part websites and I can't seem to find a tire hoist that fits my truck.
Most of the part sites have you enter your year, model, body style etc and they all indicate that the tire hoists that fit just about every other Chevy/GMC on the planet don't fit my classic?

Just wondering if anyone has a part number or if you might know why I'm having such a problem. I know there is a difference between hoists for the 6&8 bolt spare tire hub sizes but even the hoists that fit a 8 bolt spare tire seem to not fit my truck??

Appreciate any insight

aleekat
04-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RockAuto.com shows that for all versions of the 2500. Like $50. And on Amazon, Ebay. etc

ctesla
04-26-2021, 08:37 PM
aleekat's right..
your 07classic should be 99-06 same; if going to salvage/recycle yards,
or rock auto, amazon, and others..

bigrockk
04-27-2021, 09:19 AM
Rock auto was the first site I checked and yes it states they have one that will fit. Their website didn't allow me to enter more specific things about my model of truck like some other sites do. More specifically that mine is the "classic" version.
What got me questioning things is if I take the same part that R/auto says will fit and look it up on other retailers site which allows more details of the model of truck (WT, Extended cab, Classic version etc) they will indicate that it will fit the 2500HD but not the 2500HD Classic.
Not sure why or what the difference could possibly be but maybe I'm worrying about nothing??

Thanks for replies

aleekat
04-27-2021, 11:16 AM
Rock auto was the first site I checked and yes it states they have one that will fit. Their website didn't allow me to enter more specific things about my model of truck like some other sites do. More specifically that mine is the "classic" version.
What got me questioning things is if I take the same part that R/auto says will fit and look it up on other retailers site which allows more details of the model of truck (WT, Extended cab, Classic version etc) they will indicate that it will fit the 2500HD but not the 2500HD Classic.
Not sure why or what the difference could possibly be but maybe I'm worrying about nothing??
Thanks for replies
I'm not sure how you looked. RockAuto shows a 2007 Silverado 2500 Classic as a category. If you are in doubt about fitment. Then order from site that offers free returns.

bigrockk
04-27-2021, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure how you looked. RockAuto shows a 2007 Silverado 2500 Classic as a category. If you are in doubt about fitment. Then order from site that offers free returns.

Yes it does,,,duh..not sure how I missed it. This lock down stuff is obviously getting to me, lol.

Thanks aleekat

bigrockk
04-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Well I ordered the one from RockAuto (924-502) and just in case anyone needs the info the bolt size that holds the carrier is 10mm x 1.5 thread pitch.

ctesla
04-29-2021, 08:55 PM
Well I ordered the one from RockAuto (924-502) and just in case anyone needs the info the bolt size that holds the carrier is 10mm x 1.5 thread pitch.

so i take it, it fits; and you're on the road again??

bigrockk
04-29-2021, 10:10 PM
so i take it, it fits; and you're on the road again??

Well no idea if it fits as it hasn't arrived yet, but I will make the assumption that it will be fine

As far as being back on the road the truck was never off of the road, the tire hoist has been missing for a least 12 years. I just wanted to regain 100% of the space in the box.

ctesla
04-29-2021, 11:18 PM
sorry; figure of speech.. i figured you were still driving..
big o tire in canon city, co stripped my spare tire crank about
thirteen years ago, and i just leave it against the garage..
started carrying plug/patch kit, and a can of fix-a-flat;
i hated the full size rim in the bed..

bigrockk
04-30-2021, 09:37 AM
Yhea I hear you, I waited far too long to do something to get the spare out of the truck bed, oh well, at least it's getting done now :)

ctesla
04-30-2021, 06:47 PM
you won't know what to do with all that square footage!

bigrockk
05-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Well just a little follow up, order finally arrived yesterday and she fit like a glove.

@ctesla: I've already found ways to fill up that real estate :)

ctesla
05-13-2021, 09:25 AM
that bed looks bigger than fullsize now..

Add your comment to this topic!