Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is it electrical?

Andrizzi_d
04-16-2021, 07:40 PM
2007 sonata would start dying and not start like the battery was dead as if the alternator needed to be replaced so I did replace the alternator and the belt and it's still drains the battery something is draining the battery power it won't shift when I do have a battery in its full it does strange things like that if I have a full battery it will just drain within 2 starts

aleekat
04-17-2021, 07:48 AM
How old is your battery? Have a load test done on your battery. Most autoparts stores do it for free.

Stealthee
04-17-2021, 08:47 AM
A battery with a dead cell will show full voltage, but not act like it has full voltage. I had a battery that needed jumped to start the car, the car would drive excellent with no electrical issues no matter where I needed to go, but as soon as I shut the car off the battery needed jumped again.

Andrizzi_d
04-17-2021, 12:46 PM
I already checked that to and the car literally dies while driving. When I pull over and try to put it in park I can't unless I have power going to the battery or put my key in the slot near the shifter so I can .

Stealthee
04-17-2021, 05:31 PM
It still sounds like your alternator isn't charging. You have to do some proper diagnosis instead of throwing things at the wall and seeing if they stick.

Add your comment to this topic!