Removed Trickle Now Won't Start (Rats ate wire)


AZMedia
11-24-2020, 09:35 PM
It's a 2004 with the 3400 engine. It's been in storage for 10 months, belongs to an elderly couple arriving Friday. It started fine on the 17th, ran it for 30 seconds and connected the trickle charger. I came back on the 21st and it wouldn't start. Turns over like gangbusters but sounds like no spark.

I then noticed the the Air Temp Sensor wires were chewed aoart, and repaired them. They could have been like this for months, or longer.
https://i.ibb.co/NxCBprt/Wires.jpg (https://ibb.co/NxCBprt)

I did the ICM test, pink wire was 12.2V and the ground was good. I couldn't test for spark, by myself.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?

Add your comment to this topic!