Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TBI Throttle Body

SocketB
09-12-2020, 08:11 PM
The car stalls when the air cleaner is install over it and when i remove the air cleaner the car doesn't stall and the left side fuel injector spray more fuel then the right side is that normal or are they suppose to spray the same amount of fuel into the engine and when i spray throttle body cleaner into the left side throttle body the engine stalls start the car up again spray again it stalls.

This is a issue i'm have with the car i already change the EGR valve it didn't solve the stalling problem i changed the IAC valve it didn't solve the problem the car has new fuel pump and new fuel filter and new throttle body gasket.

I disconnected the vacuum lines one by one and put my thumb over each vacuum pipe to see is the engine would stall the engine didn't stall.

maxwedge
09-13-2020, 06:45 AM
What engine, what year?

SocketB
09-13-2020, 01:58 PM
It's a 350 engine 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

maxwedge
09-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Ok, Chevy 350 tbi.. Make sure the harness to the injectors under the air cleaner are not being pinched. Also, possible one or both injectors bad, especially the one that looks wea. You may just be temporarily flooding the engine when spraying carb cleaner into that port.

SocketB
09-14-2020, 04:35 AM
OK thanks i am going to swap the injectors with the ones from a Chevy GMC 91-95 silverado tahoe TBI throttle body that was rebuilt and fuel injectors don't have positive and negative so it doesn't matter which way the are installed right?

Add your comment to this topic!