Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with body parts

Jeffrv
11-30-2019, 10:31 PM
As expected, finding parts for a quarter century old vehicle is becoming more and more problematic, moreso with body parts over mechanical. I am looking for rocker panel moldings, especially the left side for my 1995 Pontiac TS. I have not been able to find any online, and no scrapyard seem to either have them, or are willing to remove and package them.
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or contacts where you have been successful in getting parts like these, thanks
Jeff

Blue Bowtie
12-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Generic, possibly.

https://www.mycartrim.com/

https://www.jcwhitney.com/

Jeffrv
12-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Blue Bowtie, thanks you for the reply. Unfortunately, most aftermarket concerns I have dealt with just not longer carry very many parts for the older vehicles. I have found a couple right side moldings online, but the left side has been extensively damaged, and I have not been able to locate any to date. No yards in my area even have a TS there. I am hopeful to find a yard somewhere that can remove and ship the parts, but no leads so far. Any more than welcome!

Meridivs
12-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Probably the cheapest route would be to find another TS for parts.

I did just that, parked one in a garden and "harvest" any parts, expecially body parts, I might need from it.

I could also help you with some parts but shipping them would cost a small fortune since I am located in Europe. Fortunately these "dustbusters" are still somehow popular around here but fading quickly. I guess that only those that are really loved would survive the next years ;)

Jeffrv
12-30-2019, 09:10 PM
I did consider that scenario when the only other dustbuster in town blew their 3.4 engine ( it is a 96), but I just don't have the room to store it, so I just bought some parts off it before it was scrapped. As luck would have it he offered some trim parts, which I declined to purchase..the exact parts I need now.
I have located some in a U pull it scrapyard, about 800 km away. So far haven't been able to find anyone who could remove and ship the parts for a fee, but might be passing through there this summer..providing the van will still be there. In the meantime, guess its time to try and see how successful a repair might be

Add your comment to this topic!