Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chevy Avalanche Brakes???

cssparko
07-04-2003, 11:29 AM
I was wondering, I just had my master cylinder replaced and now the brakes seem soft. They sometimes go all the way to the floor. The stereo was just replaced on 7/3/03 as the display blew out. Are the brakes the problem of a new vehicles bugs not having been worked out yet. A man at the post office commented he was having brake rotor problems. I have 17,000 miles on my truck. Do I go with a BMW 325xi or just junk the Avalanche? I just installed a flowmaster dual exhaust system in my truck and I would hate to dump it!

daver
07-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a bad brake job. I'd have the mechanic check the work. There's no reason for your brakes to be soft. Fluid could be low, not bled properly, leak?

lmnmarang
08-01-2003, 05:52 PM
It sounds like after the master cylinder was replaced they my not have
bleed the system right.Any gm service center should have a tech2,the tech2 has a auto bleed function on it the computer helps bleed the system,then you must bleed all the calipers manually,assuming the master cylinder was bleed properly.No need to get rid of the truck especially if it's still under warranty.Hope this helps

pcv
08-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Looks like you have air in the system,is leaking or has a loose fitting. Take it back and get them to recheck the work. If nothing works the master cylinder may be defective. All four wheels will have to be bled now. Good Truck. Don't get rid of it yet. Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!