Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4L80E Transmission Problems

hobby28
10-16-2018, 05:40 AM
I have a 2005 2500 HD with 165,000 miles that is giving me strange transmission problems. It all started pulling a trailer with a light load and as it pulled up a hill is shuttered a little bit and then I had to pull over. At this point I had no reverse but I did have forward. Towed the truck home and when it was unloaded it had reverse but not forward. After letting the truck sit overnight it had forward and reverse. I dropped the pan to change the oil and filter and didn't find anything alarming. After changing the oil I drove the truck around and seemed fine, after about 30 mins of driving it heated up and started vibrating and not pulling itself normally. At this point it triggered a code of P0757 which indicates 2-3 shift solenoid fault. Should I change the solenoid or do I have a strange wiring / ground problem?

maxwedge
10-16-2018, 06:44 AM
My concern here is no reverse, that is not controlled by any solenoid. I believe you have more serious internal issues. Easy enough to repl the solenoid Pak, the pcm is indicating a problem there.

Add your comment to this topic!