Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

prelude type SH or integra GSR??

96GSR
07-03-2003, 07:05 PM
whats faster...prelude SH or GSR?

config
07-03-2003, 09:41 PM
gsr:

hp: 170
torque: 128@6200
weight:2672
1/4: 15.3
0-60: 7.2

prelude sh:

hp: 200
torque: 156@5250
weght: 3042
1/4: 15.1
0-60: 7.1

Chase95gsr
07-03-2003, 10:42 PM
the gsr is alot better to me, becuase i revently raced a sh in my gsr and i ran dead even with her. so i would go with a gsr cause they look better anyway, at least to me.

TatII
07-03-2003, 11:01 PM
prelude type SH = prelude type SHIT.

the SH is over weight and that ATTS (active torque transfer system) is glitchy and makes handling unstable. a GS-R is just as fast as a type SHIT. but a base model prelude v-tec will beat a GS-R.

TypeSHLuder
07-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by TatII

the SH is over weight and that ATTS (active torque transfer system) is glitchy and makes handling unstable. a GS-R is just as fast as a type SHIT. but a base model prelude v-tec will beat a GS-R.

First of all, the SH is only 88lbs heavier than a base, so the base is not even noticeably faster than the SH. According to a moderator on HHU, the weight difference is so small that variances in the engine as from the factory would play a bigger role in acceleration. As for the ATTS being "glitchy and making handling unstable," it is everything but that. It greatly reduces understeer by sending as much as 80% of the engines torque to the outside front wheel. All 5th generation ludes are vtec and both an SH and a manual base will beat a GSR. Get your facts right before you start pulling shit like that out of your ass!
:thefinger

DCNo07
07-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Dude im sorry but the GSR is faster. My friend has a Type SH (both our cars are stock) and i beat him by about a car length, and it aint his driving cause we switched cars once and my car still won. Type SH has like 20 more hp/lbft ? and it weights like 300 lbs more....Go with the GSR im in love wit my car !

KrNxRaCer00
07-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by TypeSHLuder

First of all, the SH is only 88lbs heavier than a base, so the base is not even noticeably faster than the SH. According to a moderator on HHU, the weight difference is so small that variances in the engine as from the factory would play a bigger role in acceleration. As for the ATTS being "glitchy and making handling unstable," it is everything but that. It greatly reduces understeer by sending as much as 80% of the engines torque to the outside front wheel. All 5th generation ludes are vtec and both an SH and a manual base will beat a GSR. Get your facts right before you start pulling shit like that out of your ass!

he does know his facts. the ATTS DOES make for glitchy turns. i don't care how much it reduces the understeer, it doesn't do it smoothly very often (im talking when ur actually putting it to use in auto-x etc..)

next, tat wasn't saying that the SH isn't vtec, he simply mixed up that the base models are called "vtec" (like in the 4th gens)

i truly believe this is all a drivers' race guys. its as simple as that. too close to say one is a clear winner. why? cuz i've yet to lose to a 4th/5th gen prelude. but then i know of ppl who've smoked gsr's w/ their ludes.

del
07-04-2003, 04:09 PM
top speed the prelude, longer gears. :biggrin2:

great example of a driver's race fellas. i've beaten and been beaten by gsr's before in my type SH. that was before i put the jrsc on. i don't think i've lost to a gsr since :p one has the power advantage at the price of weight, one has less power but is considerably lighter.

DCNo07, it does come down to the driver. between these two, better driver wins. that's all that there is to it.

and Tat, i'm not sure where you're getting your info from regarding the ATTS being glitchy and making handling unstable. i've had none of those problems with min. i would easily feel more comfortable taking corners at high speeds in the SH than any gsr. not saying the gsr isn't good handling, it's a great handling car. i just find the SH more in control of itself. understeer? what's understeer? :sly: :lol:

TypeSHLuder
07-04-2003, 04:55 PM
understeer is the tendency for a car to want to go straight when turning... opposite of oversteer :eek7:

NISSANSPDR
07-04-2003, 06:36 PM
GSR is lighter...but who doesnt have a GSR?

Shmeck
07-04-2003, 06:49 PM
pure driver's race. does the sh have lsd?

TatII
07-05-2003, 01:51 AM
simple sport compact car has did a extensive test on it. the ATTS is not very progressive. it most like a on off switch like how v-tec works. it comes on without warning. imagine your driving along a mountain road with alot of twisty turns. your takin a turn harder then usual and the ATTS kicks in without warning. now your turning the opposite direction pretty hard to counter the car's new tendency to over steer. as your turning it back, the ATTS kicks in again without warning and now it wants to over steer the other way. now to add to that problem imagine the bigger cams on the v-tec just engauged while your already doin all of this juggling? not exactly the smoothest way to drive fast eh? sport compact had to deal with the exact same problem. they said that he system works beautifully on a nice road raceing track. but on the real world. the system becomes annoying and abit scary if pushed hard. i'm sure that you guys don't drive your cars hard like they do, so to just any average joe driver who barely carves canyon's every weekend, they will barely see the flaw in the design. what honda should do is instead of tryin to make a FWD handle liek a RWD by adding that system in, why not just make a honest and goodness RWD and don't make it soo nose heavy like how a lude type SH is. then you wouldnt even have to worry about anything else.

Jetts
07-05-2003, 01:54 AM
gsr
better lookin, i think
i kinda like the prelude too tho
hard choice

jc_guru
07-05-2003, 03:24 AM
ok, what about a gsr vs. a lude, base model with sport shifter?

Jetts
07-05-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by jc_guru

gsr

del
07-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by jc_guru

gsr easy. the lude sportshift transmission is a shitbox.

ATTS is far from perfect, even farther from being a replacement for RWD. it's cheaper than making the car RWD i would assume. but seeing that the prelude was obviously overpriced and didn't sell well as is, it's be safe to assume making it RWD would make the price go even higher. and i, for one, would certainly opt for something else over a RWD 200hp honda for that kind of price.

TatII
07-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by del

ATTS is far from perfect, even farther from being a replacement for RWD.

there you go. spoken from the mouth of the man himself. hehe

del
07-07-2003, 02:21 PM

there you go. spoken from the mouth of the man himself. hehe

even so, ATTS isn't a gimic. it does what it was designed for. i read that article in sport compact, and while i personally never experienced those problems with my SH, i do understand that it doesn't fully compensate for the disadvantages of a FWD car when it comes to handling. but it is closer to an actual RWD car than any FWD car i've ever driven at least.

TatII
07-07-2003, 09:02 PM
well that is second to the type R:grin

Jay!
07-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by del
the lude sportshift transmission is a shitbox.Amen to that!

* > Auto Prelude :mad:

del
07-07-2003, 11:02 PM
well that is second to the type R:grin

in auto-x or road course with a lot of tight turns, yeah i totally agree. the ITR has a more neutral character than the SH, and it's lighter so it's easier to toss around not to mention has a racier suspension setup. but i would still say the SH betters the ITR on, say an oval track for example, where the turns are more stretched and long-winded.

twizzaut
07-15-2003, 02:18 AM

:biggrin2: all i got to say is Bitch Please!!!!!!!!: :thefinger:

Kilboy57
07-17-2003, 09:14 AM
I'd say GSR over Lude defiitely...The interior of the lude is ugly, its over priced, yeah it has more HP and Torque but barely any results from it... THe GSR is a better looking cheaper car plus it has a faster 0-60 time

GSR all the way!!!

twally
07-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Integra's are like a**holes, everyones got one! The Lude on the other hand has a sophisticated look with sports car performance. You just can't beat that, I'd take a Lude > GSR anyday, but thats just my 2cents.

TatII
07-23-2003, 08:33 PM
i'm sorry to say but GS-R has one of the ugilest interiors of any car, esp with the acura badge on it. as plain as a 5th gen prelude interior looks. its still alot better and more expensive looking then the GS-R's. the GS-R has a very very odd shaped center console along with a weirdly shaped cluster. it almost looks like a toilet trainer potty.

acuraattack92
07-23-2003, 10:30 PM
sport shift = shit shift = slow A shit shift lude at the track couldn't even get lower than a 16.5

Add your comment to this topic!