Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

led headlights

trs
03-22-2018, 08:55 AM
I have a 2013 equinox LT 2.4, I want to convert to led lights , is there enough clearance with the dust cover on or do I need to but a reto fit one, and if so what size do I need, thanks
thomas

good2us
07-10-2021, 09:08 AM
They will fit. I replaced the interior lamps, headlamps, fog lamps, license plate bulbs, and reverse lamps with LEDs on our 2017 shortly after buying it last February. You will want to make sure that the heat sink for the bulb is not bulky enough to make the overall length of the bulb longer. I used the Sealight brand from Amazon, because the product description had pictures that confirmed the length was the same as the halogen bulbs. The owner's manual will have the correct bulb numbers listed in it.

comp
08-18-2021, 07:38 AM
They will fit. I replaced the interior lamps, headlamps, fog lamps, license plate bulbs, and reverse lamps with LEDs on our 2017 shortly after buying it last February. You will want to make sure that the heat sink for the bulb is not bulky enough to make the overall length of the bulb longer. I used the Sealight brand from Amazon, because the product description had pictures that confirmed the length was the same as the halogen bulbs. The owner's manual will have the correct bulb numbers listed in it.

was it plug and play ??,,,how you like them ?

good2us
08-18-2021, 12:44 PM
Yes it was. Everything fit inside the headlamp housing behind the dust cover. I'll try to send a couple of pictures when I get to the house.

good2us
08-18-2021, 08:51 PM
I like the result. There's a marked improvement of vision at night. Note the strong cut-off line for the low beam - that's mostly a function of the projector headlamp, though. No one has complained of glare yet (by flashing their high beams at me). I don't have an issue with it in the reflector headlamps on our other vehicles, either, so you should be okay. I took pictures from inside and several from the outside, too. I uploaded low- and high-beam views for both bulb types from the inside. I only uploaded the one from the outside with LED high beams on, because there appears to be a five-picture limit. I do not have any pictures of the bulb inside the assembly, since I changed my bulbs with the vehicle on the ground and couldn't get a camera in position to get a good picture. Edit: I forgot to mention that our Equinox uses an H11 for low beam and 9005 for high beam. I think it's the same for yours.

comp
08-31-2021, 08:46 PM
I like the result. There's a marked improvement of vision at night. Note the strong cut-off line for the low beam - that's mostly a function of the projector headlamp, though. No one has complained of glare yet (by flashing their high beams at me). I don't have an issue with it in the reflector headlamps on our other vehicles, either, so you should be okay. I took pictures from inside and several from the outside, too. I uploaded low- and high-beam views for both bulb types from the inside. I only uploaded the one from the outside with LED high beams on, because there appears to be a five-picture limit. I do not have any pictures of the bulb inside the assembly, since I changed my bulbs with the vehicle on the ground and couldn't get a camera in position to get a good picture. Edit: I forgot to mention that our Equinox uses an H11 for low beam and 9005 for high beam. I think it's the same for yours.

thanks,,,,,anybody try the sylvania LEDS ?? i thought they would make the puter think a light was out with the lower amp draw

Add your comment to this topic!