84 Fiero No Crank/NoStart

SRQFiero
06-17-2017, 06:34 AM
Hi all newby here from Florida.

This is a 1984 4 cyl automatic.

Had my 84 Fiero 4 cyl automatic. Rebuilt engine and drove it for a few days then it died while driving. I changed my alternator and it still will not crank. Starter will not click. Battery is good. Lights work, hazards work, blinkers and wipers work, windows power up and down strongly. radio will not come on, brake lights will not come on and fuel pump will not hum when key is on position. All fuses under driver panel are good. is there another fuse/relay box for the car ? or any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks for reading.

Blue Bowtie
06-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Thread title corrected.

There is a fusible link at the starter, connected to the main B+ stud. This circuit powers part of the ignition switch. An indication of failure of this link or that part of the ignition switch would be that the warning indicator lamps to not illuminate when the ignition switch is turned to the CRANK position, as they should normally do.

There is another fusible link near the battery positive (B+) terminal which connects to the alternator and some other power circuits. There are several other fusible links near the battery main power junction block. If any of those have failed various circuits will not have power. Before replacing a failed link it is imperative to determine the reason for its failure.

Blue Bowtie
06-17-2017, 11:35 AM
This may help:

http://www.wwdsltd.com/files/1984FieroFusibleLinks.gif

Blue Bowtie
06-17-2017, 11:45 AM
They are fairly simple cars, so the solution should not be very difficult. I have a little experience with Fieros since I've had a few:

http://www.wwdsltd.com/files/TrioFiero.jpg

SRQFiero
06-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Awesome stuff !!! I see the front of the car arrow in the sketch. However, where exactly is the battery junction box.

Blue Bowtie
06-17-2017, 01:29 PM
That junction block is in the right side bulkhead of the engine compartment, just to the right of the battery.

SRQFiero
06-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks a bunch !!!! I`m gonna replace all of em.

Tech II
06-18-2017, 11:20 AM
Blue, you must like those Fiero's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never liked them......too low, lousy ride.....loved those ex manifold bolts.....car rotted underneath.....

Only thing good about them was the use of plastic panels......

The last year they were ready to really redesign it, and then they just dropped it......

Must admit, a Formula with a 2.8 and 5 speed was a zippy little car......

Tech II
06-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Thanks a bunch !!!! I`m gonna replace all of em.

Just put a test light on both sides of them......the one that is dim or out is bad....

Blue Bowtie
06-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Blue, you must like those Fiero's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never liked them......too low, lousy ride.....loved those ex manifold bolts.....car rotted underneath.....

Only thing good about them was the use of plastic panels......

The last year they were ready to really redesign it, and then they just dropped it......

Must admit, a Formula with a 2.8 and 5 speed was a zippy little car......

I'm a touch over 6' 4" and I liked the copious amount of legroom. I could get all of my hockey gear in the passenger seat and the sticks into the car (they were quite long since I played defense). There wasn't a lot of storage space elsewhere in the car, but it was O.K. as a commuter. On skinnies it did pretty well in winter - Exceptionally well on ice. They did have their flaws, but GM has made several version of worse cars since then.

Add your comment to this topic!