Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ford Ranger as a first vehicle?

klein.logan1
06-15-2017, 08:30 PM
I've been browsing on Craigslist and dealer websites and I've stumbled across a bunch of Rangers, most of which have been newer models (2008 and up), most have had clean titles, and most have had relatively low miles.
I was just wondering if a Ranger would make a good first car. I'd wanted a truck, then I found out the horrendous insurance costs and fuel costs for even a half-ton truck. I know that Rangers don't get the best fuel mileage, but I was wondering especially about the insurance costs for a new driver in a Ranger. Is it as high as a full size truck or is it cheaper seeing as how the Ranger is a compact truck. I have done some research and I have determined that a Ranger that has been taken care of will last forever before it quits (so long as I keep up general maintenance) however I haven't found any rough insurance estimates. Just curious, thanks :smile:

aleekat
06-27-2019, 12:21 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=free+car+insurance+quote&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS724US724&oq=free+car+ins&aqs=chrome.1.0l2j69i57j0l3.5720j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

12Ounce
06-27-2020, 10:56 AM
We have 3 Rangers in my family. Mine is the oldest at 1994 1/2. Rugged and simple. 4 cyl short bed. 440k miles and counting. Mobil 1 Ow-40, and no engine smoke...wee consumption. To date, engine has never been opened! I have rebuilt the steering linkage and the ac system. Ugly, needs paint. (Probably won't get it!) I'm at least, the third owner. I really like and prefer the simple cross-arm front suspension of these earlier models.

Add your comment to this topic!