Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1966 Ford Mustang GT Value?

BonnieFranklin33
04-05-2017, 03:58 PM
We have recently acquired a 1966 Mustang from an estate.
It had been kept in a barn, the motor is missing. So what we have is a shell, interior and wheels.

We have all the original paperwork including the owners manual. Is there anyone who can help with knowing the value of this vehicle?
Any help would be appreciated.

65comet
04-06-2017, 10:10 AM
A few factors will affect value. You say it is a GT, but emblems can be added that aren't original to a car. Is it a fastback or a coupe? Fastback is more desirable and thus worth more. What is the condition? Paint faded out? Any rust and how much? How is the interior? What motor was supposed to be in it? If it originally had a V8 it is worth more than a 6 cylinder even with the motor missing. I don't have the link, but you can search for sites that will take the VIN and tell you all the options that came originally for your car. It might have some options that make it rare and really up the value.
Most collectors want a 65 (including 64 1/2 first year) or 68 (because that was the Bullitt car), 67 and 66 are then next choices for those wanting pre 69 years.
Bad condition with no other rarities, I would say $3,000
Good condition would start at $5,000 and go up from there depending on research into the cars history and options.

BonnieFranklin33
04-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks so much, I will do a little more research on the details you provided.
I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

65comet
04-06-2017, 11:50 AM
I just one minute ago saw live the Barrett Jackson auction sell a perfect 66 coupe for $12,700. That new up to date pricing tells me my prices could be a bit high for the current market.

Add your comment to this topic!