Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No more in-progress...spam alert

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-09-2017, 05:45 AM
It's bad enough this place is a mere ghost of its past, but now I'm getting spam messages in my messages because I posted an in-progress thread. There's no way to report spammers through the messaging system here; the spam report times out on both messages sent.

Spammer: autodiyes

That's enough for me here.

fafnir
03-09-2017, 01:42 PM
I see the Scale Auto forum was having the same issue a few weeks ago as well.

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-09-2017, 03:01 PM
I see the Scale Auto forum was having the same issue a few weeks ago as well.

Were the spammers using the messaging system there? Or just posting on the forum?

It's one thing when they spam a page, it's another when they send you spam through the messaging system. That's entirely messed up.

The spammer who sent me messages was banned. But still...

Stealthee
03-09-2017, 03:08 PM
I don't understand what exactly you want moderators or the forum to do. There is a way to report visitor messages as I am sure you figured out, since you reported the spam. All we as moderators can do is ban as they are see or brought to our attention.

Spammers are always going to be an issue. They are always looking for ways around the system. Some think they are very clever when really even an infant can figure out their game. You are letting yourself get all worked up over a minor inconvenience. Myself, I turned off visitor messages years ago as I find them to be nothing more than a pain. If you want to contact me that's what PM's are for.

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Reports timed out on both attempts to report both messages. 503 error messages.

That is why I posted about it here.

Stealthee
03-09-2017, 05:10 PM
The reports came through. ;)

A mods job never ends on this forum. Myself, I have probably deleted thousands of spam threads/posts and banned 500+ users for spamming in the last 12 months alone. I am not the only mod that tries to keep the spammers at bay.

You got yourself all riled up over a spam message. Spam is going to happen in this day and age. Just do what you did and bring it to the mods attention and we will take care of business. :) If you have a problem with the reporting system feel free to PM me or shorod or any of the other active mods with a link to the problem post.

fafnir
03-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Were the spammers using the messaging system there? Or just posting on the forum?

It's one thing when they spam a page, it's another when they send you spam through the messaging system. That's entirely messed up.

The spammer who sent me messages was banned. But still...

I believe they were just posting on the forum,on people's WIP threads

Add your comment to this topic!