Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2010 Toyota Camry stalls when stopping.

Southern Comfort
03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
I have a 2010 Toyota Camry runs great at idle but stalls when stopping at a red light or stopping in general. Starts right back up and runs great until I have to stop again. Anyone have any ideals what this could be. No codes registered and mil light never came on.

Thanks,
Southern Comfort

somick
03-03-2017, 09:19 AM
When was the last time you cleaned the throttle body?

Good luck,
Sam

Southern Comfort
03-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Cleaned both the throttle body and EGR valve and both where pretty dirty. Took it out for a test drive and it did not seem to help. It's hard to simulate the problem because it runs perfect while parked or while driving it. It only occurs when I have to stop for any reason. It starts right up and drives great until I have to stop. The Toyota dealer here said they couldn't get any codes to show up more could they simulate it by driving it. I know they are wrong because if they drove he car, it would have done it. It isn't intermittent, it is like clock work, every time you stop, it dies.

somick
03-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Cleaned both the throttle body and EGR valve and both where pretty dirty. Took it out for a test drive and it did not seem to help. It's hard to simulate the problem because it runs perfect while parked or while driving it. It only occurs when I have to stop for any reason. It starts right up and drives great until I have to stop. The Toyota dealer here said they couldn't get any codes to show up more could they simulate it by driving it. I know they are wrong because if they drove he car, it would have done it. It isn't intermittent, it is like clock work, every time you stop, it dies.

Was your battery disconnected for any reason recently?

Southern Comfort
03-04-2017, 08:58 PM
About a week ago the battery went out of it, but the problem was already there before the battery was replaced.

somick
03-05-2017, 10:08 AM
About a week ago the battery went out of it, but the problem was already there before the battery was replaced.That could be the reason for your problems. Try to drive it so the computer will relearn your driving style.

Good luck,
Sam

Add your comment to this topic!