Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Flex Fuel Tahoe Fuel Filter Connection

BBolt90
02-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Model - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 OHV 16V FFV Flex Fuel

Problem - I replaced the fuel filter ( FF4001DL, AutoZone ) however it leaks when connected back to the plastic clip. There was a yellow o-ring at the back of the metal coupling that I removed. I've tried placing the o-ring at the back and putting the nipple back in but it leaks fuel at the plastic connector where the clips are. I tried putting the o-ring on the nipple and installing it that way but it still leaks. Someone told me the o-ring goes between the fuel line and metal coupling. Is there anyway I could remove just the metal coupling and replace it with a new connector for the fuel filter? Thanks for any suggestions. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just joined a couple of minutes ago.

j cAT
02-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Model - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 OHV 16V FFV Flex Fuel

Problem - I replaced the fuel filter ( FF4001DL, AutoZone ) however it leaks when connected back to the plastic clip. There was a yellow o-ring at the back of the metal coupling that I removed. I've tried placing the o-ring at the back and putting the nipple back in but it leaks fuel at the plastic connector where the clips are. I tried putting the o-ring on the nipple and installing it that way but it still leaks. Someone told me the o-ring goes between the fuel line and metal coupling. Is there anyway I could remove just the metal coupling and replace it with a new connector for the fuel filter? Thanks for any suggestions. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just joined a couple of minutes ago.

post a picture that will help .

you replaced filter now it leaks on the flex line side then replace with another filter the old or get another from store.

Blue Bowtie
02-07-2017, 06:10 PM
If the filter has a plastic quick-connect fitting the O-ring is supposed to be in the groove inside the quick-connector. It seals against the outer wall of the steel tubing.

Add your comment to this topic!