Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Instrument Cluster on a 2004 chevy venture

ownage71
01-08-2017, 02:44 PM
i have a 2004 chevy venture mini van and the Instrument Cluster is not working correctly the gas and temp needles are hanging down and i need to play with the key to get the gas needle back to the normal spot but it don't stay there long. is this something i can fix on my own or do i need to have a dealer fix it?

sverker
01-09-2017, 03:07 AM
I suppose it's the usual stepper motor issue, on mine they won't reset to zero sometimes so they point in all different directions. I haven't got around yet to replace them, which requires soldering to remove the old stepper motors and put in new.

Sonny2791
03-08-2017, 10:51 AM
I replaced the battery in my 2005 chevy venture yesterday 3/7/17. Simple process, took no time at all. I purchased the van in Aug 2011 and it's had the battery in since I bought the van used. Everything works except for the radio and the instrument cluster needles. All of the cluster backlights work, turn signal arrows, high beam indicator, hazard flashers. Just NOT the gas, speedometer and temperature needles. They all worked fine before I changed the battery. I checked all applicable fuses and found no damaged or burnt ones. Everything on the van inside and outside works, just not the cluster needles. The radio doesn't work either, it says LOC which I already know that I need a code for that. Does the code for the radio also affect the cluster needles? This is a new situation for me. Horn, power windows, wipers, heater/AC blower, interior lights all work fine, just NOT the 3 needles or radio. New situation for me, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it may be as to why the needles aren't working when they did before the battery change. Van starts and drives normally. Also the digital odometer isn't coming on, again, it was on before the battery change. Looking for any and all ideas, or if someone has had this similar problem and if so, what was your solution.

Blue Bowtie
03-14-2017, 07:32 AM
The Theft-Lock on the radio should have no effect on the instrument panel problems.

Add your comment to this topic!