Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Pages : [1] 2

Ricochet
07-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Does rich daddy/boyfriend pay for your cute cars or do you actually work and earn them yourself? At a lot of shows around here it seems every girl with a nice ride has been swingin from a rich man's sack then brag about how cool her car is, and don't know anything about it... btw stripping doesn't count, that's not work.

GSRGRL2
07-02-2003, 02:55 PM
I know what you mean. That's also MORE true w/ a lot of these high school kids (mainly guys..just my opinion) whose parent's buy them $20,000+ cars for graduation or birthdays AND pay for the mods! It makes me sick because my first car was a 1990 Mercury Topaz! Now I have a GSR and it's in my name and I pay for all of it on top of my maxed out credit card bill for the mods! If it were up to my parent's...I'd still have that Topaz. My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in my town (so yes I get the hookups...but not for free) and I've heard stories of kids moms or dads actually coming in w/ them and buying them anything they want...repeatedly! Must be nice. It all comes down to how people were raised I think. In my family it's "You work=you drive, you don't work=you walk." :eek7:

Pizzle00
07-02-2003, 05:36 PM
I Work at an engineering company here is houston.....60+ hours a week so I can pay for things on my own.....dont get me wrong, I am married but I make more than him and I drive the truck that I pay for :biggrin:
I'm very proud that I can say I dont ride off of mommy and daddy !!

speediva
07-03-2003, 12:15 AM
Oh hell no. I EARNED my car. It's in MY name, I pay insurance, I pay for most of the things to get fixed. It is MY car. Granted, my parents do help with a FEW SMALL things (wiper blades for Christmas, headlight bulbs for birthday) but I pay for most of the maintenance on my car, and I'm proud of it. No free rides for me. I KNOW what's gone into my car. My sweat, my blood, and don't forget the tears.

Ricochet
07-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Good to hear. I'm sure the 16 year olds driving $40,000 civics won't bother posting though...

GSRGRL2
07-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ricochet
Good to hear. I'm sure the 16 year olds driving $40,000 civics won't bother posting though...

Acutally I would like to hear from one of them...maybe they can better my understanding of how they plan on getting by in life when their parent's aren't around! :lol:

Ricochet
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by GSRGRL2

Acutally I would like to hear from one of them...maybe they can better my understanding of how they plan on getting by in life when their parent's aren't around! :lol:
That's when they find a rich boyfriend :rolleyes:

GSRGRL2
07-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey Ricochet...I found a thread you need to check out for kicks.

Automotive Forums .com > Honda/Acura > N2O/Turbo/Superchargers > TURBO HELP!!!!!

It's kind of long but it's hilarious. I just posted a reply to it a second ago. I can't believe that it relates to what we are talking about! :iceslolan

94SolGrl
07-04-2003, 11:19 AM
OK I'll be the spoiled brat then. When I got my first sol, my dad paid for it, paid my gas (he gave me a card), and paid my insurance. He also gave me my first car ever, which was a 1987 Ford Ranger. Gave it to me, I wrecked it, he got me the sol. Then I sold my sol to get a nicer one, the one I have now, and I'm paying for the sol and the gas. Insurance would kill me, literally, so I don't do that. When my sol breaks and it's gonna cost more than around $150 to fix, dad pays. What would I do without my dad? Live in a box and be miserable and broke. :(

SilverY2KCivic
07-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 94SolGrl
OK I'll be the spoiled brat then. When I got my first sol, my dad paid for it, paid my gas (he gave me a card), and paid my insurance. He also gave me my first car ever, which was a 1987 Ford Ranger. Gave it to me, I wrecked it, he got me the sol. Then I sold my sol to get a nicer one, the one I have now, and I'm paying for the sol and the gas. Insurance would kill me, literally, so I don't do that. When my sol breaks and it's gonna cost more than around $150 to fix, dad pays. What would I do without my dad? Live in a box and be miserable and broke. :(

I wouldn't feel bad about it, or let anyone make you feel bad about it. Lots of us have caring parents that are willing to do stuff like that for us. Does it mean we are rich and spoiled? NO WAY! Well for some I guess it could mean that, but when you are 18 or even 21, it's very hard still being so young, to pay for your own stuff like a car note let alone any other expenses. My Civic, yeah, my parents bought it for me, BUT anything related to it after that I pay for myself. Gas, repairs, mods (LOL!) and my $2100/yr insurance. Not to mention my license and registration fees (screw off Gov. Davis for raising that crap 3-fold :mad: ). Factor into that I pay for school, and soon to be my own place, it's hard for some of us to afford to buy our own car when we're just starting out in life, not working the highest paying jobs, and having lots of other expenses already. If I had a car note to pay every month though could I handle it? Heck yeah I could!

91hondagirl
07-04-2003, 03:04 PM
the only way i'd get my car would be to pay for it myself, my parents don't think a 16 year-old should have her own car. So i pay for the car, insurance, gas, repairs, everything. I like it that way though, i wouldn't want mommy or daddy buying me everything, it's kinda cool to pay for everything yourself anyways. Mind you i only paid $500 for my 1991 accord EXR (it used to be my grandparents) i sure as hell got quite the deal though...but at least i paid for it (even though they practically gave it to me at that price) but hey i have to buy everything else

solchick
07-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I bought my own car:biggrin:

And I just got it back from the body shop!!!!:smile:

SilverY2KCivic
07-05-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by solchick
I bought my own car:biggrin:

And I just got it back from the body shop!!!!:smile:

I played body shop with mine so I wouldn't have to spend the rediculously overpriced price it would have been for a shop to fix my dented fender for me. Man would $750 have cramped the wallet big time. :(

solchick
07-05-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic

I played body shop with mine so I wouldn't have to spend the rediculously overpriced price it would have been for a shop to fix my dented fender for me. Man would $750 have cramped the wallet big time. :(

Mine was covered under insurance so I got lucky there!:smile:

They painted half the car and wanted another 2300 to paint the rest. I was like:shakehead

SilverY2KCivic
07-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, w00t for insurance. With mine some fat slob ran into my fender with his ASS! :mad: :eek: Like literally i mean, so insurance wouldn't have covered it. Body shop wanted to replace and repaint the fender as well as RE-PAINT my door just so it would color match. I was like "you've gotta be kidding me!" And walked out right on out of there.

KamiKaze Accord
07-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Im not a girl but i decided to post to this thread anyways. Those rich spoiled kids piss me off too. I live in a somewhat wealthy area so theres tons of kids like that driving beamers and benz's. I had a 92 accord, then a 93 accord, and finally i achieved my goal, a 2003 accord V6 Six Speed Coupe. I worked and saved to get it, the only help i got was my mother payign for my insurance.

importgrlie
07-08-2003, 05:53 PM
yes, my car is MY car. Everything in it was paid from my bank account, and i am proud of that....altho right now i am very brkoe so my dad is paying for insurance...but once i get back to my feet, i get to pay insurance again. yay.....

importgrlie
07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
and..you wanna know something sick? I used to work at a cadillac dealership..well one day i was answering the phones like usual and then i see this 16 y/o kid with his dad....well his dad was buyiung him a brand new CTS (the new cadillac)!! those things START at about 35g's...

zenongurl
07-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Does rich daddy/boyfriend pay for your cute cars or do you actually work and earn them yourself? At a lot of shows around here it seems every girl with a nice ride has been swingin from a rich man's sack then brag about how cool her car is, and don't know anything about it... btw stripping doesn't count, that's not work.

i saved for four years for my car. its worth every penny.

PreludePassion
07-10-2003, 08:38 AM
While I was in high school, mom and dad got me my first 3-4 cars (none of them cost more than $300, that's why so many) and it was usually just cheaper to get a new one at the above prices than to fix an extinct POS. My Lude is my own, Got it when I was just barely 19, no co-signer on the loan, so I'm paying mad interest, I pay my own maintenance, repairs, insurance, and tickets. Although, I had some problems with the fuel and exhaust systems, and my husband wouldn't let me pay one red cent to fix it, because he wanted to fix my baby for me for an "I love you even if I hate your car" present.

mshonda30
07-23-2003, 09:08 AM
I AGREE I HAVE TO WORK AND BUY MY OWN CAR ALSO LIKE RIGHT NOW IM WAITING ON THE HONDA PLACE TO CALL ME AND TELLME TO PICK UP MY NEW ACCORD V6
AND I AGREE WITH YOU.. I THINK THAT IS RIDICULOUS TO BUY THESE NEW CARS AND THEN ADD AL THIS CRAP.. IT BRINGS DOWN THE VALUE IF YOU EVER NEED TO TRADE IT IN. if people want these cars already fixed up i would SUGGEST GET A V6 .. BUT AS YOU SAID CARS ARE MADE TO DRIVE NOT TO DOG OUT.. AND RACE....

Originally posted by GSRGRL2
I know what you mean. That's also MORE true w/ a lot of these high school kids (mainly guys..just my opinion) whose parent's buy them $20,000+ cars for graduation or birthdays AND pay for the mods! It makes me sick because my first car was a 1990 Mercury Topaz! Now I have a GSR and it's in my name and I pay for all of it on top of my maxed out credit card bill for the mods! If it were up to my parent's...I'd still have that Topaz. My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in my town (so yes I get the hookups...but not for free) and I've heard stories of kids moms or dads actually coming in w/ them and buying them anything they want...repeatedly! Must be nice. It all comes down to how people were raised I think. In my family it's "You work=you drive, you don't work=you walk." :eek7: :dogpile: I AGREE

*HondaAngel*
07-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by mshonda30
I THINK THAT IS RIDICULOUS TO BUY THESE NEW CARS AND THEN ADD AL THIS CRAP.. IT BRINGS DOWN THE VALUE IF YOU EVER NEED TO TRADE IT IN. if people want these cars already fixed up i would SUGGEST GET A V6 .. BUT AS YOU SAID CARS ARE MADE TO DRIVE NOT TO DOG OUT.. AND RACE....:dogpile: I AGREE

:wtf::eek7:Ok is it just me or do you just not belong here??? That is what all this is about, isn't it? Modding your own car and kicking some ace racing it!!! Am I not taking that statement in the right way?? Maybee I'm lost! Or maybee your lost!! No one said that except you so who are you agreeing with?!?!?!:loser:

Anyways, about buying your own car.... my parents told me they wouldn't buy me a car when I was sixteen all my life and they followed through with it... they also followed through with not letting me get my licence until i was 18 but thats a diffrent story. I am trying to find a $2-3k car to get me from point A to point B. And I'm hoping I can find an old hatch to satisfy that... if not then I will still have to pay them back for the car and pay insurence and gas!! And I know how it is to be disgusted with the spoiled rich kids, I went to a private school and all the kids had their own brand new cars every year.... they didn't have to pay for anything!!! It made me sick!!! Still does!!!:puke:
:icesangel

issa_celicagurl
08-10-2003, 04:16 AM
Hello to all who think that a 16 year old can't make money! I'm a 16 year old female....I have 3 cars and I pay for everything myself...and I work on all my cars myself as well. I work hard for what I've got and I'm proud of work. So Peace !!!:thefinger

SilverY2KCivic
08-10-2003, 04:45 AM
Whoa, 3 cars? :eek:

I'd love to have a project car, but I can't even justify affording another one right now even though I work 2 jobs, and still go to school as well. :bloated:

whiteracer
08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
ok i got a lot to vent about here....

I guess i'll start off with what i heard from my younger bro yesterday. He just got back from a school trip that lasted for 7 weeks. He said when he got back he found out that one younger guy than him had got a new Jetta, the kid doesn't even have his permit! Another guy that's going to be a sophomore got a dirt bike; and two girls in his class who are going to be seniors got mustangs! Granted neither one of these mustangs were new, but they weren't that old and one of them was a convertible. Ok, now when i went on one of these trips, coming home to a car just wasn't an option. Now that makes me sick. Kinda jealous too but i think it's better for me in the long run. If i ever buy my kid a car in h.s. (which i don't see myself doing) it ain't gonna be a mustang convertible or a new jetta. It's gonna have four wheels and and engine/tranny that works. That's all these kids need. I was mentioning to my mom that between me and her we could buy my brother a Crx for like 2500-3000. Problem was that when i explained to her what the crx was i compared it to a heavily modded yellow crx down the street. so maybe i'd be contradicting myself about getting kids a car in h.s. but if these kids get one, it doesn't need to be anything special. I can deal with a few female friends having new civics for graduation. But not my younger brother's friends getting new jetta's and mustangs.

Also, with these kids walking in with their parents to a shop, i find that rediculous. I was at a local shop that i shop at frequently and i see the 3 or 4 people that work there look behind me in a confused manner. This older asian dad dressed nicely and son walk up to the counter next to me and politely ask about getting an intake and exhaust. I was like wtf?! Even the people that work there were a little shocked. So i was done looking around or whatever and i left. When i got to the parking lot it was no problem guessing which car was the dad's and which was the kids. In a parking lot with nothing but tegs, civics, and a couple wrx's and rsx's, there was a mercedes and a rsx parked in a designated area for another company. Obviously the kid and the dad owned the rsx and the benz respectively. It was later confirmed when i saw them walking out of the store towards those two cars. Again rediculous.

Now when i got my Oldsmobile Bravada wrecked by some guy, i was in need of the first car i could get my hands on. A co-worker was thinking about selling his 98 civic ex which i kinda liked at the time but i didn't think it was for me. He ended up selling it to me in a couple weeks after my accident so he could go find himself a new car (he's a lawyer and the civic wasn't working for him so he got Acura TL i think). He wanted 9,500. I had 6500, got 500 out of savings bonds :frown: , and got another 1000 from my mom because she originally told me that she'd pay for half of a car for me but that was in h.s. She retracted her statement but still spotted me for one thousand. I had 6500, got 500 from bonds, got 1000 from my mom, and was still 1500 short. I had to pay that to the guy in 3 payments of 500. At the time i was just working as a part-time legal messenger so i needed a car. Now i'm still working at the messenger job and have got a office job for the same firm. Now i could afford a new car but i'd have to be paying monthly payments which would not be a problem. But like many of us, insurance would kill us. So yes my mom spotted me 1k for a civic; she didn't buy me a new jetta.

GaSupra
08-11-2003, 03:59 PM
stripping doesn't count, that's not work.

That made me laugh. :iceslolan

anokpunk
08-18-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm 16 and proud to say I bought my car and pay insurance. I bought my '98 Honda Civic awhile back after seeing it in the newspaper that it had a body kit on it. I went to go look at the thing and it needed a few touchups but all for $7000. I saved up that money through jobs years ago and put it into a back account until I'd buy a car. I work two jobs: one part time job during the week and one for the weekend. I pay for everything and I don't need mommy or daddy helping me :)

hotgrlzracin
08-24-2003, 11:43 PM
worked hard for all the cars that i have owned.
from age 14-19 worked part time to someday buy a car. at age 18 due to me g-mas missfortune of falling ill, i took over her payments on her mustang. she could no longer drive or work. i didnt like the mustang so i traded it in. w/ that loan i needed no co-signer and my days of buying and selling cars started.
92 mustang lx
95 ford contour
95 s-10 custom cho cho
67 mustang (i was trying to rebuild this w/ my brother, we sold it not to long after we bought it due to it being a big POS)
92 sable fully loaded
95 s-10 lowrider
88 ninja 600r
90 civic HB
97 civic ex

DVSracergirl
09-18-2003, 08:50 PM
bought and paid for all my cars......except my first car ever....1983 rx7 parents bought that for me but i overhauled the engine and paid for all the perf mods myself. had 2 other rx7s and 4 other cars.....i will NEVER rely on a man to pay my way...thats just lame

JDMsweetz
09-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Well, hmm..lol. I'm a high school senior and my parentsbought my brother a 328i for graduation so all they bought me was a shitty lil car.
I have a obd1 4dr GSR..they payed a whopping 5600 for that. It came like this...prepare to laugh...

So the previous owner had the car custom painted baby blue. One day he decided he could do a better job so without preping, he redid the paint in a garage. needless to say it's shitty. He took the front sparco seats, the rear seats were so dirty i cant even sit on it. The doorpanels and the dash and seat bely cover and center console had that cheap white vinyl on it. It was sooo dirty. The RPM gauge didnt even work. lol. The hood was all scrapped. he had just backe dup into something so the trunk is all Effed up. Carpet was nasty. OH! You know the lights on the headliner? Well, he COLORED it in with Red marker..lol so when you turn it on, you see the uneven streaks. The tail-lights were also colored in..he could have at least sprayed them red. So that's the story of my 5600 GSR.

I sold the GSR motor and bought a JDM dc2 B18C and front. I also got JDM dc2 rear seats, JDM dc2 gauge cluster, JDM dc2 complete console <carbon fiber>, JDM dc2 mats, JDM dc2 shift boot and steering wheel<Honda symbol>..So I know some of the things I listed are minor..but that JDM front cost bucks! So, yes, I payed for that..Not SO bad right fellas :)

And to all the ladies that sport their own ride without having your man pay..Much respect! :)

-s w e e t z

p.s.
I sell motors, so Holla!

Mrock
10-11-2003, 03:38 PM
All of you women must be getting paid more than us guys, because I'm hearing a lot of "paid for all of my carS...". Whatever the case be, that's good.

Getting at least the insurance payment from parents must be nice. It adds up.

blu99tege
10-17-2003, 01:45 AM
I know I dont really count cause I am a guy and all, but I have owned 3 vehicles and paid for them myself.
1st car: 1983 Mercury Marquis station wagon(baby blue with the fake wood paneling on the side) nice leather seats though.
2nd car: Beater 1970 chevy pickup.
Now: 1999 acura integra ls (stock) that I pay a horrable interest rate for(never financed a car before) and to top it off 4000 dollars a year in insurance. And that is with no tickets.
Thank god I am in the military and the government pays for my housing, cause I cant afford much else. :)
I guess the point of my story is that usually someone takes care of their vehicles better cause they are paying for them and not mom and pops. At least, that is how it woks with all the people that I know.

Mrock
10-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Definently true...without a doubt.

JDMsweetz
10-18-2003, 11:35 PM
I totally agree with you guys on that too..I mean I posted what I drive awhile back in this Thread. I admit, my mom and dad did pay for my 94 GSR Sedan but that's also because they bought my bro a 2001BMW. The point is, they may have spent $5600 on my car, but I payed for my jdm dc2 front conversion, my b20/vtec with JEpistons, my JDM interior, and some of the other goodies I have on my car...To me, that's not so bad for a high school girl :)

But yah, Props to all the ladies..! And yes, to the fellas too!

GirlracerZrule
11-01-2003, 12:16 PM
I buy all my cars but i only own two

pSyLaNcE
11-05-2003, 02:09 AM
well..i guess i really can't say much since my folks bought me my car...a 93 honda accord...man when i saw the car the first time i thought my parents must've been on the bong one too many times...
the exhaust had a huge crack...it sounded like i had a 4" exhaust on a stock lx muffler...the engine idled crazy...it died on us 4 times just trying to get it home...that was $4700 well spent..then i had to spend another $250 of my money getting the car to even run...i could've told them the moment i saw it that the car was a p.o.s. but i decided hey they were kind enough to buy it for me so i can't really complain...still driving it even though i've gotten into a wreck...damn woman turned left into me when i was in the middle lane of a four lane street...i was like wtf?
well..i got $4000 for the car so i'm giving that back to my folks...cost me $1000 to fix the damage...so all in all the car cost me over $2500 to fix the problems it came with and my folks $700...not too shabby...and yes i've played mechanic on the car and done some dumb things...the car's still in pieces actually...stripped everything out but haven't had the time to put in my springs and struts...one of these days...

yelow88crxsi
11-05-2003, 12:13 PM
i had to pay for my rex myself....and to make the matters worse....heres the deal...i got her and a b15a motor swap...everything included for $2000.....i had to sell the swap b/c i needed the money in the bank...so i sold it for $2300...which makes the rex a neg. $300 car....which isnt too bad....but i went from a b16a to a zc....it kinda pisses me off b/c now i want the b16....the stuff i have done was mostly paid for.....bday presents, xmas presents....but thats all i got for xmas..my car shit....but ya know, i took it to the shop to get the exhaust....but my ex b/f and i put in my motor....and everything else....i recently just did my front brakes myself....it was pretty easy...and i put on a vcg.....now i have to do the clutch...but im not sure if i can do it by myself!! xoxox

Emz
11-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Daddy didn't pay I did! I bought the Civic, the clear lights, the graphics, the bodykit, the rims + lowpros the exhaust the competition stereo, and everything else to be put in and on it to.

yelow88crxsi
11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
emz....how old are u? xoxox

94SolGrl
11-26-2003, 12:19 AM
I saw this post, and I must say that I give mad props to y'all that are paying for your own stuff. I'm still my dad's princess, and I will forever be my dad's princess, but that's me. I'm getting a swap and a lowering kit for Christmas, so that's really exciting, even though the swap is for the same engine/tranny that I have now (I have a blown tranny now. :( ) Anyways. Mad props to y'all, and good luck with the carS :D

PS- That also means that I'll have an extra b16 laying around. Anyone wanna buy it? ;) PM me for sure.

Lexy
12-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Wow, a lot of you girls are hard workers :) Props to all of you. My parents bought me two cars: a 98 Honda Civic Ex but later sold it and got me a 93 delsol si b/c I could reach the pedals better (haha)... also b/c it had lower insurance and I have three strikes on my record lol

Anyways, now my del sol is sold b/c I transferred to a 4 yr college & am living on campus. My parents strongly discourage working while I'm in school. I guess it has paid off b/c I am a senior at UCSB at 19 yrs old :) I am not looking forward to paying for my future car but I will be so proud when I finally do :)

I'm glad a lot of you girls actually work for your cars b/c I know that many guys think that they are the only gender that does :rolleyes:

GiRlieGrLB18c1
01-03-2004, 08:22 PM
I Had to take a loan out for my ride..I dont have parents that buy me whatever i want...I get the big laugh in my face LOL, But I am on my moms insurance which saves me $$

JoniHondaGirl
01-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Hey I am 24 married with a 3 year old and yes my husband paid for my 94 Honda Civc. But guess what I am doing all the mods myself. I am proud to be a girl that can actually do more work on a car than most guys claim to :screwy: . I worked as a paint prep for a bodyshop for almost 2 years. I can't wait to actually getting started with real mods!!!
And for all that doubt ricers are KICKASS!!!!!!

Spectre927
01-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Hey I am 24 married with a 3 year old and yes my husband paid for my 94 Honda Civc. But guess what I am doing all the mods myself. I am proud to be a girl that can actually do more work on a car than most guys claim to :screwy: . I worked as a paint prep for a bodyshop for almost 2 years. I can't wait to actually getting started with real mods!!!
And for all that doubt ricers are KICKASS!!!!!!

You're married, so his money is your money and visa versa, so he didint really buy it for you, he helped you. But way to go on doing the mods. Sexy...:naughty:.. oh wait, you're married, sorry...:uhoh:.. but still sexy....:rolleyes:

JoniHondaGirl
01-07-2004, 12:48 AM
You're married, so his money is your money and visa versa, so he didint really buy it for you, he helped you. But way to go on doing the mods. Sexy...:naughty:.. oh wait, you're married, sorry...:uhoh:.. but still sexy....:rolleyes:

That is true but I didn't think most would see the difference. Thanks for the comp. my husband likes the fact that I do help with the cars Too.

nai
01-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I'll step up and admit that, yes, i'm the "spoiled brat" you all seem to refer as. My father first purchased a '95 Teal GS-R after his Fiero gave out after a decade (which performed nicely). Then after purchasing my sister her own Cavalier LS, Mustang GT & Matrix XRS, my twin sisters their own Matrix XRS and my mother Grand Am SE ('94, '99) & the Celica TRD, he finally treated himself to the RSX Type-S. After purchasing what he rightfully deserves, he passed down his old GSR to me (manual), unfortunately, because of my height, I couldn't reach the clutch properly (w/heels). So, we had to do the inevitable: trade it in for another car. I decided to trade it in for the only Integra on the Acura dealership, a '01 black GS. Of course this meant no VTECH, going down the pyramid of models, as well as an automatic transmission (father thought it would be best to get an automatic, that way I wouldn't have to worry about not reaching the clutch--clutches are actually twice as far as brake pedals).

"Daddy" paid for the difference after the trade-in as well as the missing clear coat, warranties and insurance (we agreed to put under my name, despite the high insurance rate as a new driver--about $2500).

I know i'm incredibly lucky to have daddy pay for "my" (his) car, rather than reality of purchasing something in my price range (Sprint, or 86 Celica). I offered to pay for insurance, however my father thought it would be best for me to save my money for university + medical school. I don't plan to ask for any money for my school tuition, and they know that & have agreed. I'm in senior year (17 yrs old), honor student, working 3 jobs trying to save money for tuition. I do have my own values and morals, so I hope most of you won't think I'm some horribly "spoiled brat" just because I didn't pay for "my" car myself.

stacyRX
02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Sorry to bring up a topic from January, but in a few days I'll have a 87 RX-7 and I'm paying for it all on my own, insurance, gas, and all. I like paying for mine myself too because it shows responsibility too.. Just wanted to chalk one up for the girls :biggrin:

And to nai, many props for paying for your own tuition!

AcesHigh
02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
VTEC.

And this thread is pretty old.

*HondaAngel*
02-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, I beleive i posted a long time ago, because this is always a reaccuring question... just like, do you work on your own cars? Which is another yes..

Anyways, I'm working my butt off at two jobs to pay for my car, insurence, gas and any other daily bill you can think of.... Anything that costs anything, i pay for... My parents WILL NOT help me out with money for my bills and especially not buying my car...
I'm still in the process of paying off my 92 Civic Hatch, which will hopefully be payed off by Summer... Then I hope to START my upgrades and save up to get a 240 that i can turn into a crazy ass drift machine!! lol!!

I have no help whatsoever... if somthing goes wrong i have to pay for the parts and fix it myself. And I wouldn't have it any other way. You dont learn how to appreciate things unless you have to work hard for them... not to say gifts arent nice but its the blood, sweat, and tears you have to go through to get it that makes it really yours...

And to all the girls that are given cars... No matter what anyone says, feel lucky... You are privilaged. I'm happy for you. The people that hate you for it are just jelous because they work so hard and all you have to do is be a daughter... theres nothing wrong with it but you have to expect that there will probably be some hostility there just cause thats what girls are known for. DRAMA! LOL...

Anyways, good luck to all you girl racers... All i have to say is LEARN! Never stop learning... Your knowledge is what you will be respected for, not daddys pretty car.

lilsol
02-19-2004, 03:25 AM
I work for my toys, for the money to buy them and the money to fix them up. I bought my car wrecked with cash. And I've rebuilt it using cash. I'm in the military and we don't get paid squat.My car is my life. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I know how to use tools and how not to refer to them as "thingies", "doobobs" or by the noise they make when being used. I also don't need Engines for Dummies in order to change a spark plug or an intake. I admit I've gotten help when needed, therefore making my car as much my friends' as it is mine. But at the end of my work, I can put on a skirt, heels, paint my nails, do my hair and still say that the car I'm standing next to is all mine. Not all of us at shows are show girls and who are you to knock a hot chick with a hot car anyway?

94 GS-R
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Im a guy, and yes, my parents did buy me "my" car which was very generious of them, because i did wreck my sisters 95 Maxima GLE while driving with two friends down the highway totaling the car. Then i got two speeding tickets which really pissed them off. I paid both fines totaling $570 dollars.

My dad owns a used car dealership and when he bought the 94 GS-R i indeed fell in love and begged for the car. They gave me the car, paid for insurance and also gas. Now that iv started loading the car with goodies that i paid and installed myself their not liking it.

After relizing how much money i have "wasted" in my car they got mad and started BS'n how i should leave it that way it is and all that. My dad now decieded for me to make him a list of all the mods which he said hell pay back after he sells the car lol. So now i will be saving up money to pay for the car myself.

Moral of the story: Pay for your own ride unless your parents buy you a new benz or a beem3r lol.

jenbo831
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Ok. Ill be 18 in less then a month and i just got my first car 2 days ago. Its a 90 integra with a B16A swap. and yea i earned the money and bought the thing myself. and by earning i dont mean stripping!! ill be payin for everything, the car, insurance, parts...everything! but if ur mommy and daddy buy your car. good for you. if i had that option i wouldnt say no...and none of you would! BUT when someone who bought their own car has a POS...you have no right to say nething! cuz obviously if it werent for ur parents you wouldnt have a car. i have a friend whos daddy bought him a 93 civic hb with an integra ls motor and all kinds of goodies and a brand new focus...and all he does is say stuff about other peoples cars..if ur like him do u have any idea how bad u look!

marydoll
03-20-2004, 01:08 AM
I just bought my new 2004 Honda Accord V6 all by myself. I have been saving for 2 years! and have great credit for a 23 year old. I dont depend on no one, not no parents/grandparents AND not no guy. Im very proud of my hard work, and give props to any girl that has accomplished the same, its a great feeling. :biggrin:

SilverY2KCivic
03-20-2004, 03:59 AM
I just bought my new 2004 Honda Accord V6 all by myself. I have been saving for 2 years! and have great credit for a 23 year old. I dont depend on no one, not no parents/grandparents AND not no guy. Im very proud of my hard work, and give props to any girl that has accomplished the same, its a great feeling. :biggrin:

Much props to getting a brand spankin' new Accord V6 on your own. :cool: Did you get a coupe, or sedan? My aunt just last weekend got an '04 EX coupe, but 4-cylinder model with 5-speed.

DriftGirl
03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I've bought and paid for all of my cars on my own. Even my first car (95 Civic Coupe EX) which I needed a loan for, my mom co-signed but I made each and every payment along with paying out the insurance in full. I make sure that I stand on my own two feet.

marydoll
03-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Much props to getting a brand spankin' new Accord V6 on your own. :cool: Did you get a coupe, or sedan? My aunt just last weekend got an '04 EX coupe, but 4-cylinder model with 5-speed.

Yea it took a lot of patience and A lot of WAITING, but finally the fruits of my hardwork pay off!
I got the EX V6 Coupe (2 door) its a sweet ride, all black and shinny :smokin: Im getting fog lights and lo jack installed as we speak, so for now I have a shitty rental car :rolleyes: but cant wait to go pick it up. Also my uncle owns a rim shop, so ill be gettin' some sweet wheel s from him for a great Price; Thats the only thing I can say I may have some help on... but I'm still gonna pay for those rims, just a bit cheeper.

SilverY2KCivic
03-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Yea it took a lot of patience and A lot of WAITING, but finally the fruits of my hardwork pay off!
I got the EX V6 Coupe (2 door) its a sweet ride, all black and shinny :smokin: Im getting fog lights and lo jack installed as we speak, so for now I have a shitty rental car :rolleyes: but cant wait to go pick it up. Also my uncle owns a rim shop, so ill be gettin' some sweet wheel s from him for a great Price; Thats the only thing I can say I may have some help on... but I'm still gonna pay for those rims, just a bit cheeper.

Can't be mad at that though, hookups are a grand thing. :cool:

marydoll
03-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh Yea Hookups Are A Great Thing Indeed!

ghetto7o2azn
03-21-2004, 11:24 PM
heres somethin i kno ull like... even though hes not a girl... this kid just got his license right, 16 his parents get him a brand knew celica gts, w/ trd package so hes got the body kit and everything... within a month i find out that he totaled it... so like a week later i see 2 yet again brand knew tiburons on his lot... :screwy: one red one white... i asked him... they are BOTH his.. JUST INCASE HE CRASHES AGAIN... so far he has a wide body kit, knew rims, shocks, struts, spoiler, colored interior, new sound system, carbon fibre hood, lambo style doors, one of those cool things that starts your car up when u push the button (i like those :smile: ), and i kno hes got some performance mods as well.... well anyways, i kno that he didnt pay for it cause he doesnt even have a job... and well... his parents have a lotus esprit and a diablo ... figures dont it as they are both doctors...

marydoll
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
WOW! That really pisses me off :disappoin . Some people really dont know the value of a dollar.

Add your comment to this topic!