Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 grand am se pcm fuse keeps. Blowing

Jbagwell8974
11-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Engine starts and runs no problem when I drive a few miles the fuse blows it's done it before and I found the oil pan sensor had came loose and was touching the frame I was fine for a few months I just replaced the fuel pump put new connector checked wireing all good I looked u red the hood the best I know how does anyone have any ideas

Tech II
11-28-2016, 09:22 PM
well, you need a schematic to see what that fuse feeds, could be more than one circuit.....

tracing the circuit to try and find a short could be laborious......alternative is to cut that fused circuit to the pcm, and run a new fuse protected power line to the pcm.....

xeroinfinity
11-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Welcome to AF Jbagwell8974

I would start with any prior areas of the wiring that has been, or looks like its been, hacked on. Not exactly sure what all is on that circuit so you're gonna need a wire diagram.
Their are a few we have here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2148)you'll have to look through it for your year and PCM diagrams. if that fails.... you can make a account on autozone and usually find a free diagram.

hope that helps

Add your comment to this topic!