Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ferrari 488 GTB

Some_Kid
11-19-2016, 12:28 PM
I was just curious if anyone had knowledge of the big three making this kit? I figure fujimi would be the best bet but Tamiya quality would be stellar for such a beautiful car.

BVC500
11-21-2016, 05:50 AM
Nope, unfortunately.

Modelstate
03-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Sorry for being so late to this.
I was wondering the same thing the past years for just about every new model.

Then I came across Alpha Model (division of Hobby Design) that made a few resin curbside models in 2018 in 1/24 and 1/18 I think.

While it's not a GTB I still hope they'll make that one too.
AM02-0003 488 GTS
AM02-0004 458 Speciale Aparta

They sell via Facebook group. (https://www.facebook.com/reindetailparts/)
I bought them for US$ 120 a piece so not cheap and might not be what you were looking for.

Hope it helps !
I REALLY hope Fujimi or Tamiya will make their versions.

Some_Kid
03-06-2019, 10:40 AM

Then I came across Alpha Model (division of Hobby Design) that made a few resin curbside models in 2018 in 1/24 and 1/18 I think.

AM02-0003 488 GTS

I bought them for US$ 120 a piece so not cheap and might not be what you were looking for.

Hope it helps !

That's awesome! Thank you! I will definitely look into those.

hirofkd
03-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Tamiya is discontinuing all Ferrari kits this spring, so the 488 is very unlikely. I’m guessing they will renew the license when the next kit-worthy Ferrari comes out, maybe?

Rastar released a descent-looking 1/24 R/C, and Bburago has 1/24 diecast, so those can be combined into a nice static scale model. At least that's my *plan.* ;)

Kjenjak
03-07-2019, 07:36 AM

AM02-0003 488 GTS

Hope it helps !

Not sure if they know something that no other shop knows so far, but here is also a GTB for sale (backordered however).
It's the only Alpha Models 488 GTB version I could find on the net.
https://absolutmodels.myshopify.com/collections/1-24-model-kits/products/1-24-alpha-models-ferrari-488-gtb

Modelstate
03-07-2019, 05:12 PM
https://absolutmodels.myshopify.com/collections/1-24-model-kits/products/1-24-alpha-models-ferrari-488-gtb

According to the Hobby Design / Alpha admin that link was not correct.
The GTB might come later but did not get a sure Yes or a month of release.
[They respond fairly fast on the page and chat there]

Sorry, and also a little dissepointed but it's better than a No :smokin:

Some_Kid
03-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Tamiya is discontinuing all Ferrari kits this spring, so the 488 is very unlikely. I’m guessing they will renew the license when the next kit-worthy Ferrari comes out, maybe?

Rastar released a descent-looking 1/24 R/C, and Bburago has 1/24 diecast, so those can be combined into a nice static scale model. At least that's my *plan.* ;)

Does that mean they will stop making their old ferrari kits? Do I need to stock pile ?

hirofkd
03-17-2019, 04:27 AM
"Discontinue" doesn't mean a permanent halt of Ferrari kit production. Tamiya did clarify that.
Hasegawa hasn't renewed their Ferrari license for a while, so I guess it's a similar move.
I'm still gathering more info, especially Fujimi and Revell to see if Tamiya's decision is due to some kind of industry-wide change of Ferrari kit licensing, or just a marketing strategy of Tamiya.
Last batch (at least for now) of Tamiya Ferrari kits should be out this June.

360spider
03-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Stock up.

till.a.fischer
03-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Does anybody here have information on what Maisto will produce?

Netherlands homepage Toms.nl offers a preorder on a 488 GTB plastic model kit in 1/24 scale by Maisto.

There's also a kit for a La Ferrari Aperta in 1/24.

If Maisto starts to produce plastic kits, this could be the reason why Bburago didn't give any licence to Revell or other Malers.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Kjenjak
03-25-2019, 04:05 AM
Does anybody here have information on what Maisto will produce?

Netherlands homepage Toms.nl offers a preorder on a 488 GTB plastic model kit in 1/24 scale by Maisto.

There's also a kit for a La Ferrari Aperta in 1/24.

If Maisto starts to produce plastic kits, this could be the reason why Bburago didn't give any licence to Revell or other Malers.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Maisto did kits before, like the 458, but rather as a snap kit than a real model kit. So the quality probably won't be much better than a good Bburago die-cast or a R/C car.
But let's see. maybe they prove me wrong.

Modelstate
04-08-2019, 06:33 AM
Just to give the chance to all the other builders here !
I just gave Alpha Models / HD my pre-order for their 488 GTB via messenger chat / facebook group.

They listed that it costs US$ 150.
Good luck :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!