Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flooded Avy

BrandonIron 95
10-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Well I'm in North Carolina and we just had a hurricane. My truck got flooded. Water to the door handles. I've had some fun this past week trying to save her. So far drained the oil like twice. Had to take the intake off today.filled with water .So I figured I'd replace the knock sensor's while I was there. Well after having a lot of water in my oil and Tranny fluid looking like Pepto-Bismol. I had a time I ran lacquer thinner through the motor and bumped the starter couple times. Took all injectors out cleaned them out. Wires plugs, and pumped water out gas tank. I know I gotta change rear end front end fluids. And transfere case fluid. But I'd just like to know has anyone ever delt with water damage, and I'd like to know some good advice on it. Thanks

maxwedge
10-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Any modules in the truck that were submerged will go bad. I assume this was fresh water? Electric motors in the truck will be a problem also.

Stealthee
10-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the fluids are the least of your problems. I wouldn't be surprised if the vehicle doesn't even start.

BrandonIron 95
10-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Well I'm gonna drain the oil one last time tomorrow then hope for the best. The motor will turn. I've ran a lot of oil through it seeing water come out along with trash. Luckily all my electric components seem to be working. The passanger door switch did get fried that's the onlys thing I know of. But I guess I won't know till it's running.

BrandonIron 95
10-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Yea fresh water

Add your comment to this topic!