Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Headlights

96Krewe1
10-08-2016, 11:32 PM
My 96 Thunderbird headlights turned off while I was driving. I've checked the fuses under the hood and the ones under the dash. What could be the problem? I still have marker lights and taillights.

JR Tigerstar
10-09-2016, 12:06 PM
The bulbs could have burned-out, might be time for new ones.

TBirdBob
10-15-2016, 02:15 PM
My 96 Thunderbird headlights turned off while I was driving. I've checked the fuses under the hood and the ones under the dash. What could be the problem? I still have marker lights and taillights.

Try asking here, http://forums.tccoa.com/index.php

97Bird
10-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Welcome 96Krewe1. It's time to get out the test light! Do the lights come on when you try a flash to pass with the dimmer? Are both hi and low beams not working? Remove the connector from one of the headlights, connect the test light wire to the negative terminal of the battery and, with the headlight switch in the on position, touch the test light to each of the contacts in the connector to see if the test light comes on. It should light up when you touch one of the contacts. Put the light switch into the other position (hi or low) and the test light should light up when you touch one of the other two contacts in the connector. You should touch the test light to the positive battery terminal first to be sure the test light actually lights up before testing the headlight connector! If the test light doesn't light up at all when you touch any of the headlight contacts then you will have to start checking connections going back to the multifunction switch. Let us know how you make out with this test and we'll go from there.

Add your comment to this topic!