Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Real Cost of a Chimaera

dhawkes
07-02-2003, 05:04 AM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. For many many years now I've wanted nay desired a TVR.

I've just found a 1994 L reg Chimaera 4.0 with 63K on the clock and I have a few questions:

1) I'm concerend about the reliability of a TVR of this age?
2) 4.0l thats a V8 right? I currently drive about 75 miles a week, at current prices does anyone know how much that will cost - exactly how juicy are they??

Thing is, i really want a lovely TVR, but I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to afford it :frown:

PLease help!

Dan

P1GNG
07-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Have had P97 Chim for 3.5 years now, cost of last service: £600 with new sparks 2tyres pads and a disc. a bit more as bearings on rear needed doing since.

This will be the real cost of owning, the insurance is not cheap

best to run on optimax / similar so a bit more x-pensive.

Fuel tank 57 lit = 12 and a bit gallons
I expect to get 290 - 320 miles unless I do a lot of stop-start in town. I couldn't believe this at first, but car is so light that econ not so bad

Driving them is a pleasure even after all this time - if youcan afford it, do it! You're only young once (even though sometimes you may not feel it!) And it has gotta be something to do b4 u die - you never know what will happen 2moro!

Sorry about philosophical bit at the end!
GNG
:tongue:

dhawkes
07-07-2003, 04:17 AM
HI Man,

Cheers for this info, its perfect:smile: You're telling me exactly what I needed/wanted to hear!

Well the insurance is about twice what I'm used to, but that can go on the card :wink:

Its the loan I'll have to get that I'm most concerned about; and if I would have had to stop drinking because the car is more thirsty than i am i would not have been pleased.

But you're right, if you can't do it when you're young........!

Cheers!

Dam

Add your comment to this topic!