Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

pic of the car i have been commisioned to replicate

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 02:57 AM
well here is my first car i am gonna build for money! not too bad a project to start on!!! i think the only thing i may have trouble with is the air scoops, has anyone made any before??? but other than that i may talk him out of including them into the design!! lol.
any ideas for the lightening strike? i was thinking a metalic thin marker pen and freehand it? and does anyone recognise the make of kit?
this man has deep deep pockets!!! yay

tazdev
07-02-2003, 03:01 AM
that would be the Do-Luck kit

exhaust smoke
07-02-2003, 03:09 AM
HOLY CRAP!:eek2:

That's a nice car, I didn't realise people in the UK had those:lol:

Looks like you've taken on quite a challenge there, how do you propose to make the lightning strikes??

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 03:29 AM
there are some phat cars here in the south!! loads of wrx's, evos, porches, and of course my lexus!!! the uk has a damn hot modifying scene, not just the small little hatches.

gonna probably do the car's lightening stipes by hand with a pen, cant trust a brust, unless i can fins a 00 size brush somewhere in my collection

Jetts
07-02-2003, 03:33 AM
that is going to be a crazy paint job on a model
i would love to see that one done :bigthumb:

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 03:39 AM
i am quite luck in the fact that i have a friend who owns a tinting and graphics company, he loves my models and this is one of his customers cars that he convinced to buy my models.
he is gonna make me up all the graphics in vinal such as the jap symbol and the do luck logos so they are crisp.
i cant wait to see it finished, or start it for that matter

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 04:30 AM
can anyone help with regards to the air scoops on the back, pictures or anything would be great, not sure how i am going to form them so that they are equal

flyonthewall
07-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Great car! Looks like you have your work cut out! Someone asked the question on the hood scoops before, cant find it though:dunno:

joecwlaw
07-02-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
can anyone help with regards to the air scoops on the back, pictures or anything would be great, not sure how i am going to form them so that they are equal

for the air scoop, I think you can use plastic straw or styrene raw and then try to heat it to the desired oral shape.

for the decals, I think you can use the white blank decal from Modellers.

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 06:01 AM
i like the idea of using a plastic tube of some sort, cheers dude, im sure i will get thru it some how, lol

exhaust smoke
07-02-2003, 06:23 AM
there are some phat cars here in the south!!

Chris, I'm from Southend, and there are some nice WRX's and Evo 6's around, but the rest are just Fords!!

Anyway, perhaps you can get the roof scoops from a Tamiya LM kit or something?

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 06:38 AM
not a bad idea about getting the parts from elewhere, also perhaps you should try leaving the ford capital of the world, lol, essex does seem to have an obsession with the ford!!!!

well if you wanna see some phat cars driving around come to beckenham, seems there are hundreds of tvr's, aston martins, i saw a viper once, lots of other high end sports cars too, and a lot of car clubs seem to have meets in bluewater car park, loads of well modified motors there!

exhaust smoke
07-02-2003, 06:44 AM
not a bad idea about getting the parts from elewhere, also perhaps you should try leaving the ford capital of the world, lol, essex does seem to have an obsession with the ford!!!!

Tell me about it! It's so sad!!:rolleyes:

Good thing is, I work in Chelsea, so I see a lot of Ferrari's, Porsches, Mercs, Beemers, TVR's, etc. on a daily basis. The latest hotties were a Ferrari Enzo, and the latest Lambo' (which I forget the name of).:biggrin:

ozstrider
07-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Nice SW. Good luck with it. Looks like its gonna be a long job. But should look awesome in the end.

hirofkd
07-02-2003, 11:41 AM
> chrismcgee
It seems that the SW20 is popular subject. I was commissioned to make two in the past, from UK and US, and another one soon.

Do you already have the kit? Fujimi is the only company, that makes SW20 in 1/24, but the mold of the T-top version was modified to the fixed roof, and it's very hard to find now.

As for the air inlet, I posted a sketch of how to proceed in the past, but I forgot where it was. Basically, you can make a template of the side profile, and glue it to the bottom template. Add epoxy or polyester putty, and sand to the desired shape. Use it as the master for heat-and-smash, or simply open the inlet with drill or motor tool.

And for the lightning, I just recommend hand painting with 10/0 or 15/0 brush.

Blowncivic1320
07-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Great car! Looks like you have your work cut out! Someone asked the question on the hood scoops before, cant find it though:dunno:

Tis me who once asked the same question...jus make the main shape outta styrene then use putty to make it rounder

clatescivicr
07-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Isn't there something like that on a Subaru someone was making? I could have sworn there was a tube like that. I remember seeing it on here.

Thor302
07-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke

Tell me about it! It's so sad!!:rolleyes:

Good thing is, I work in Chelsea, so I see a lot of Ferrari's, Porsches, Mercs, Beemers, TVR's, etc. on a daily basis. The latest hotties were a Ferrari Enzo, and the latest Lambo' (which I forget the name of).:biggrin:

humm maybe i should take a trip to england, i always wanted to go there now i really do !!!:biggrin:. looks like a cool project car cant wait to see it finished!! also are those velox rims?

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 12:36 PM
give me a shout if you come to the uk, can show you the best places to go:icesangel

Silver82x
07-02-2003, 12:47 PM
maybe this could help Do-Luck Mr2 (http://www.do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=SW20) and more (http://www.importtrenz.com/importtrenz/styling/bodykit_mr2.shtml)

Little-B
07-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi Chris,

hope I can help with this. Not the girl!!!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/499370Trixi019.jpg

www.veilside.de/Bilder/W2%20Torsten/index.htm

chrismcgee
07-02-2003, 01:23 PM
wow, those links are great, i realy thank all you guys for helping me, you are a great bunch of people, thank you:bigthumb:

fatboyslim
07-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Nice pair!!
Of scoops on the green car!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

rsbousquet
07-03-2003, 02:39 AM
i've been to the UK before. while i was there i saw quite a few evo'sand a fully decked out rally evo.. and back up in scotland in ayrshire i caught a lotus elise and a few other sporty cars.. a nice ferrari too. was only there for a week, and i see more beautiful cars than i do here in a month!

Jay!
07-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by hirofkd
As for the air inlet, I posted a sketch of how to proceed in the past, but I forgot where it was.Right here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=758751

:)

MR2_Lancer
07-03-2003, 01:16 PM
ooooo....thats one sexy Mister Two

jdmwhizkid
07-14-2003, 10:59 PM
That is a Bomex Air Scoop, more commonly referred to as a "snorkel". It's hard to find pics of it with different views, but try some online stores, they might have some pics of just that part.

willimo
07-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Doesn't Tamiya make a big scoop on the newst Rayrig NSX? Or is that just in R/C? If it's 1:24, you could get that scoop, and cut it in half. That would do well for the inlet, I imagine. That's how I'd try to do it, before I'd try boxing it in with styrene and puttying it round....

Mean_B16
07-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Congrats an building a model professionally, I just finished my first Del Sol for my first customer. anyway If it were me building those, I would use large Diameter Styrene tubing, cut it in half and slap a flat peice of styrene underneath and the base would not by hard after that. I would probanly use a lighter to influence the styrene to bend Just kike I would want but this is just how I would imagine doing it. a little putty and you would be good to go.

modelcarmaster16
07-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
well here is my first car i am gonna build for money!

how much are you getting paid??

RyanGiorgio
07-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Looks like its going to be a cool project. Heres a huge pic of that Do-Luck kit:

http://www.raretrick.com/store/images/products/5723_detail.jpg

themodelkid
07-15-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm not a really big import fan, but that car is very nice!!! I would drive it anyday. Good luck on the project! :bigthumb:

ljrlude01
07-16-2003, 01:49 AM
:eek2: that Mr2 in the above picture is beautiful, look like you got your work cut out for you. Have you ever use gundam pens? they might work for the lighting efect.

chrismcgee
07-16-2003, 03:53 AM
when he gets back off holiday we are going to finalise the money, but its going to be in the region of £300+ which is $481, not too bad i dont think

Mean_B16
07-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Wow, $471.00!! You got me beat, I collected $370.00 for my first one. Maybe I undercharged, j/k. Good luck on the build up chris.:bigthumb:

druid_99
07-16-2003, 01:29 PM
That's a very nice kit if you build it. Good luck building the Do-Luck kit...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Wow! $471, I really-really undercharge the models I sold. I should demand more... :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!