AC component help

08-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Hi all,

Would any of you know what component is under the hood.

Highlighted in green - It's connected to the AC compressor and I think it's giving it power. Its the black connecter and Its a bit loose, causing my AC to stop working when it it, so I need to order the same part but no sure of the name.

Would be great if someone could help me out.


08-28-2016, 09:44 AM
That would be called the coil connector for the a/c compressor- but I highly doubt that is your issue- I've been doing a/c for thirty plus years and never seen one go bad-- you can unplug it and examine it to see if there is noticeable damage, burns, melts etc-- do the wiggle test- see if it goes on/off/on etc-- if so , just bending the pins in the connector would suffice...

Even with a new connector, you will have to splice it in-- so why not splice around it entirely for the meanwhile--if you are sure it is bad....

08-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Hi Brcidd, thanks for the very quick reply and great info+advice!

I'll check the pin on the connector as you mentioned.

Just to note: the AC seemed to stop working after I pushed the old car to around 95 mph ( it always seems to not get as cold if I push the car hard ) but this time it stopped all together.

I showed someone at the gas station and they wiggled it around till the compressor started spinning. So, from your expertise, hopefully it's a bent pin that can be pushed back easily, I'll take a closer look!

Thanks again!

Add your comment to this topic!