Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Has Anyone Successfully Removed the Chrome/Metal Plating from the New Aoshima Kits.

CFarias
08-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Howdy from Texas,

On the latest Aoshima Lamborghini's I'm having trouble removing the metal plating from the rims. My usual standby of Super Clean is not working.

What I'm wondering is has anyone has been able to strip the metal plating of the Aoshima rims. I have the Aventadors, specifically. I know that there are other solutions such as brake fluid and alcohols, but I'm wondering what method has been used successfully on those wheels.

Thanks in advance.

nascar49
08-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Howdy from Texas,

On the latest Aoshima Lamborghini's I'm having trouble removing the metal plating from the rims. My usual standby of Super Clean is not working.

What I'm wondering is has anyone has been able to strip the metal plating of the Aoshima rims. I have the Aventadors, specifically. I know that there are other solutions such as brake fluid and alcohols, but I'm wondering what method has been used successfully on those wheels.

Thanks in advance.

I have no issues using the purple cleaner removing the new chrome from Aoshima.

Which purple cleaner are you using?, the real stuff?, or the knock off brand, I ask because a lot of guys call the knock off brand the Super Clean too, white or purple bottle?

You could always try 91% isopropyl alcohol.

CFarias
08-26-2016, 11:59 PM
I have no issues using the purple cleaner removing the new chrome from Aoshima.

Which purple cleaner are you using?, the real stuff?, or the knock off brand, I ask because a lot of guys call the knock off brand the Super Clean too, white or purple bottle?

You could always try 91% isopropyl alcohol.

I'm using the real Super Clean in the purple bottle, but I think I found the problem.

The Super Clean I was using has been used quite a bit and maybe it sort of went stale. I replaced the old liquid with new liquid and, even though the Aoshima plating still took longer than usual, it worked just fine. I also tried using the alcohol and this worked at about the same rate as Super Clean. It seems both solutions work on the Aoshima plating.

Lesson learned, keep your liquids clean.

Thanks for the help.

corvettekid_7684
08-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Did you try bleach?

CFarias
08-29-2016, 04:37 PM
I have not tried bleach but the alcohol did the trick. If you've tried bleach any issues with getting it on your clothes?

corvettekid_7684
08-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Well, you certainly don't want to get it on your clothes...

Add your comment to this topic!