Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I added Blue Devil main seal repair

dkhill23
07-28-2016, 10:05 AM
here's the lowdown I added Blue Devil main seal repair to my 97 4 Runner two days ago. Driving to work yesterday my oil light came on. I got about a half mile down the road and the engine just died.
So after work I changed the oil and filter hopping this would resolve the issue. I did get her running again, but had a bad knocking sound. Thinking it would clear up after running a bit I started home, only to make it about a mile or so. Then the oil light came on again and then engine died again. Not wanting to damage my old girl I had her towed home (it'sthink she my have been a little embarrassed sitting up there)
I'm really kicking myself for using the blue devil now, I just did have the time to pull and repair her correctly right now.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GGREATLY APPRECIATED.

Brian R.
08-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Don't drive it anymore. Pull the oil pan and see if the oil pump pick-up is gunked up. Clean it and hope. Start it and see if the knocking continues. Probably a rod bearing if it continues.

Pull the valve covers and see if the cam lobes are gaulled. If cleaning the oil pick-up doesn't help and the cams lobes are smooth and shiny, I would buy a used Japanese short block and install it.

Add your comment to this topic!