Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Accord Lx 3rd brake light

gg315
07-21-2016, 07:03 AM
Hi . I just replaced the bulb for the 3rd brake light. Brake light indicator on the dash is still on. Is there something wrong or is there something else I need to do. thank you

gmtech1
07-21-2016, 07:48 AM
Hi . I just replaced the bulb for the 3rd brake light. Brake light indicator on the dash is still on. Is there something wrong or is there something else I need to do. thank you

Is this the red brake light on the dash that stays on? There was a TSB for the float on the master cylinder cap being stuck down, causing the light to stay on. You may check that, or the fluid may be low in the master cylinder. If it's low, you either have a leak, or you need to check your brake pads. The light will also come on with the park brake. It's possible there is a problem with that switch also.

somick
07-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Is this the red brake light on the dash that stays on? There was a TSB for the float on the master cylinder cap being stuck down, causing the light to stay on. You may check that, or the fluid may be low in the master cylinder. If it's low, you either have a leak, or you need to check your brake pads. The light will also come on with the park brake. It's possible there is a problem with that switch also.
+1

My brake indicator light often comes on. Especially when the car is cold. When it bothers me too much I wash the strainer with brake fluid and it goes away for some time and then it comes on again.

Check your brake fluid level!

Sam

gg315
07-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Thank you I will check . I should also note that the brake lamp light doesn't come on when I start the car, only when I step on the brake :) thanks again!

somick
07-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Thank you I will check . I should also note that the brake lamp light doesn't come on when I start the car, only when I step on the brake :) thanks again!
Check it ASAP! It might be low on brake fluid.

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!