Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New to cars but buying a new STI

STIguy223
07-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone I'm new getting into cars and I was wondering if the car and car customization community is open and friendly to new comers? I'm looking to buy a new STI at the end of this year and I want to start customizing and making it into something special and I just want to get opinions from all you experts on where I should start with the STI and cars in general?

Thanks again and looking forward to talking to you all!
Take care!

MikeCStig
07-12-2016, 11:18 AM
It's usually pretty friendly as long as you're open about your lack of experience instead of making up tall tales and acting like you were born behind the steering wheel like some idiots do.
As for the car, a WRX STI is a pretty good option. You're starting with a solid foundation; a lot of performance parts already in place and 300+ horsepower before you even modify it. A good place to start tuning is the turbo system. Add some boost, upgraded intercooler, stuff like that. Just make sure you get the measurements for the intercooler before you put a new one in. A lot of people will beef up the intercooler in that car and find that the front bumper won't go back on as a result.

STIguy223
07-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Thx u very much all great details which I will for sure take to heart!

Add your comment to this topic!