Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

K&N Intake Recharge Kit

90gs
07-01-2003, 08:22 PM
i decided to clean out my intake filter after like 20,000 miles (long i know lol) so i sprayed on the first stuff and like 3 seconds later i see brown crap leaking out the filter and im like whoa there was hella dirt on this thing. the filter itself looked brand new, couldnt tell it was dirty then all this junk leaks out its so brown it looks like diarrhea lol. its soaking right now, im guessing this will help my performance a tad w/out all that garbage clogging the filter

config
07-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Hmm, that reminds me i should clean mine reliataly soon. How often should I really clean it? On the site it says every 25k miles or 15 months? is that true

Also, do you guys recomend getting an AEM anti-siphon valve thing? It does rain sometimes around here, should i be concerned? Anyone know where I can buy one/ how much it is? :)

Lastly, all over the AEM site it says how you should clean your intake? Besides cleaning the filter, what else is there to clean?

TheNotoriousMogg
07-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Yeah I need to clean mine also...good idea >:]

esp
07-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by config

Also, do you guys recomend getting an AEM anti-siphon valve thing?

u mean the air bypass valve?

i didn't get it because it robs u of power, and the fact i dont wanna cut my intake into 2 pieces

config
07-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Wait, why would you lose power? and you have to cut your pipe in half, ??? jesus.

AznDragon
07-02-2003, 03:19 PM
i second not wanting to cut my intake. i have the an AEM CAI and i haven't had any problems with it, even in the rain. the only thing that came close to a problem was my idle was messed up cuz i didn't clean the filter in so long.

config
07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
How often should you really clean it?

Add your comment to this topic!