Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Conditioning Repair C30 Chasis

BillnArk
07-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Hey Guys I have a 1995 Class A motorhome on a C30 Chevy chasis. The problem I am having is my engine side a/c ( not the roof air ) wont blow cold anymore and I have put the gauges on it and it indicates a blockage in the system so I took it to the shop because the system needed to be depleted and vaccumed down. They did this, and agreed with me there was a blockage in the system. Technician immediately went to change the orifice filter but couldn't find it. Neither could I. So that is the mystery of the day. I checked where it should be and it isn't there. Not to many places it could be. Advise is greatly appreciated. Thx. Bill n Ar.

j cAT
07-09-2016, 06:05 PM
your system came with R12 . so someone did a conversion. if the wrong oil was added at some time this is what can happen. next the compressor valves are shot this also gives this type failure. orifice tube should be near the input of the filter dryer / out of the condenser ,but not too sure exactly on the c30.

ac tech should be up to speed on this though.

I am guessing on the R12 conversion but would be very surprised if its still in there. normally a conversion using the old compressor does not work as long unless the system was opened up and flushed out .

brcidd
07-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Uhmmm.. as I lived it, 1994 was the first year for 134a refrigerant, there were some early intros, like the F-car and G-van in 1993, and a late exit for r-12 in the old body style s-10 truck. So, a motor home C30 chassis was or should have been in its second year of 134a use and therefor, no conversion was needed. What is on the under hood sticker?

Just my 2 cents...

Add your comment to this topic!