Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC Cobra 1/24 Revell

booozer
06-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Very well known and easily recognised car, it was always one of my favourites and I'm hoping that maybe one day I will build 1:1 replica :)
This one was based on a very short footage of a Gumball 3000 cobra I've seen on youtube. I made my own decals, however as you can see results are far from great. I was very disappointed with decals and how easily they broke, it was not only one batch but all of them. I'm sure you will also notice that hood doesn't sit properly, I have rectified this later but it was bit of a pain with sorting the wires.

Anyone got any tips on home made decals?

Thanks for watching
Pat

model freak
06-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Great build!

The 5th Horseman
06-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Hey Pat... Your model looks great - except for the cracks on the door decals - too bad!
What materials did you use? what paper , inkjet printer or laser, and more importantly if you used inkjet printer what did you use as a fixing agent after you printed the decals but before you put them on the model?
I use microscale decal paper (inkjet) and that magical spray from Testors as a fixativ! No problems ever! Hope this helps!

Kjenjak
06-21-2016, 02:16 AM
I use decal film from Holi, both Laser and Inkjet (Laser usually looks better), cover it with Microscale Liquid Decal Film (big brush), let it dry for a day, and apply it as usual, with Micro Sol or Micro Set if necessary. Never had any problems.

Add your comment to this topic!