Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tahoe air issues

LindquistJon
06-10-2016, 06:20 PM
I was just driving home on the freeway and I had cold air but hit a traffic jam and came to a crawl my tahoe started blowing warm air. After the jam got back up to speed and got cold again, had to stop for gas but after it wouldn't blow cold air?

brcidd
06-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Check the operation of your fan clutch in front of radiator, is it free wheeling when hot or sucking in some good air? Clutch fan sucking in air is essential for good a/c operation- one way to tell if fan is an issue, is that the a/c compressor will cycle off (because of high pressure) when sitting still, then come back on for a few seconds, then turn off again. If this is the case, your clutch fan needs changed. Air flow across the condenser is much more adequate when driving- that is why it cools while moving- plenty of air through the condenser/radiator.

LindquistJon
06-10-2016, 09:21 PM
What if it quit blowing cold air altogether?

brcidd
06-11-2016, 06:21 AM
Is compressor engaging? or cycling? Does it cool when engine is cool? first started? Then a/c quits after that?

LindquistJon
06-11-2016, 07:12 AM
No it doesnt get cold at all

brcidd
06-11-2016, 02:51 PM
You need a diagnosis done- could be loss of refrigerant, electrical, or mechanical- who knows from here- have someone put a gauge set on it, or at least determine if compressor is even running when requested.

LindquistJon
06-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Ac compressor belt was gone put it on now it has no oil pressure light is on and needle is just above zero

GMCustomerService
06-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Ac compressor belt was gone put it on now it has no oil pressure light is on and needle is just above zero

Hi LindquistJon,

We regret to hear about your A/C concerns with your Tahoe and understand how this is frustrating. Feel free to send us a private message, we would be happy to help!

Best,

Cristina
Chevrolet Customer Care

Add your comment to this topic!