Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stumped by Wheel hub etc

tuthleselk
06-08-2016, 08:17 PM
I have a 2003 Buick Lesabre Custom, 146K miles on it

1st problem was that the passenger front wheel bearing went bad, I replaced it with a new bearing from Napa(cheaper one) drove it 1 day everything seemed fine, next day it was raining, and Traction control and abs light came on and continues to do so almost everytime I run the car. My Mechanic friend said this was a defective wheel sensor and that i should get a new one, I do not know if I should get the better one, everytime I've ever changed the wheel hubs I have had this problem except when I use the more expensive hubs. Maybe I answered my own question on this one!!

Today when my wife was driving the car, the Service engine Soon light lit and it started bucking and shuddering going uphill, and it threw a code that said that TCC was stuck etc, my question is this , can this be caused by the wheel hub ? I had been running the failing hub for a few weeks prior to this with no problems but when I changed this the other day, I started having problems.

I really like this forum and I've learned alot from reading the many posts here, Thanks for any help you can give me!!

No matter where you go there you are!!

Tech II
06-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Well, the first step is read the ABS code, to see if the code is the same circuit as the hub you replaced....

the Service engine Soon light lit and it started bucking and shuddering going uphill, and it threw a code that said that TCC was stuck etc, my question is this , can this be caused by the wheel hub ?

No, I seriously doubt this......as for the bucking and shuddering uphill, sure this is not a misfire?

You would need a test drive with a scan tool, like a Tech II, to see if the shudder is coming from the engine or the tranny........

tuthleselk
06-09-2016, 06:46 AM
I had my mechanic friend check the code reader for the CEL light and it gave the Code PO741, which said something about the Torque Converter was locked up etc, and I was wondering what would make this do this all of a sudden? I had him clear the code and I drove it for about 5 miles and it started lurching starting out and going uphill and it set off the CEL again.

Another question is will it hurt the car to drive it like this?

Should I wire a switch in it to shut it off and on manually or cant this be done?

Add your comment to this topic!