Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Odd noise

eccs19
05-26-2016, 10:05 AM
2006 Allure with just over 200,000km. Car runs fine, but under load (acceleration), it has an odd whistling coming from it. I thought maybe it was the belt, but changing it make no difference. No codes from it. Other then this noise, car is running great. Anyone have any thoughts? Seems to be coming from engine compartment, but can't be 100% sure.

Rasp
06-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Do you hear the noise when you rev the engine in park? or only when you are moving (accelerating)?

It may be coming from the wheels, possibly CV joints, wheel bearings, something caught in the brakes, I think there is a brake shield that could be rubbing causing a noise as you accelerate.

eccs19
06-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Do you hear the noise when you rev the engine in park? or only when you are moving (accelerating)?

It may be coming from the wheels, possibly CV joints, wheel bearings, something caught in the brakes, I think there is a brake shield that could be rubbing causing a noise as you accelerate.

Brakes and bearings were done last fall. You can make the noise appear when it's in park, but you have to rev it hard to get it. One thing of note, it might just be a fluke, but the noise seems to have appeared after the plugs were changed, and the engine was rocked to get to the rear plugs.

Stealthee
06-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Brakes and bearings were done last fall. You can make the noise appear when it's in park, but you have to rev it hard to get it. One thing of note, it might just be a fluke, but the noise seems to have appeared after the plugs were changed, and the engine was rocked to get to the rear plugs.

It might be a busted vacuum line then.

eccs19
06-09-2016, 11:42 AM
It might be a busted vacuum line then.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Could be a challenge trying to find it. :(

Add your comment to this topic!