Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2016 Acadia SLT Fog Lamps on with auto-lights

exitRooster
05-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Hey all. Pickup up a new 2016 Acadia SLT (and a large debt for years) and was shocked to discover the fog lights shut off with the auto-lights and do NOT come back on until the button is pressed again.
This is the first car I've ever owned with auto-lights that do this. Every GM and Ford car (several) I've owned, ALL with fog lights, have always had them come back on with the auto-lights come on! Bizarre that they'd do this, IMO. I use them as I like the extra light down low on the car for visibility, but reasonings shouldn't matter..

Point is, on other forums I read references to several people saying there is either a one-wire mod, or a small mod with a relay to get them to come on every time (as they should if I have them turned on) but no one seems to link or mention WHERE this mod is. Anyone on here know about this mod and where I can find the details/instructions to do it?

Alternatively, if there is a setup option in the vast list of menu options that I've missed, please clue me in, lol!

Kind of mixed feelings about the lack of recent posts in here - Hoping that means everyone is enjoying their Acadia's, lol, and not that they are so bad no one wants one :(

Any cool tips/ideas/secrets about this car I should know? (or common issues?)

Thanks for yoru time,

eR

Add your comment to this topic!