Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2012 Corolla engine

duveyduv1
04-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi there! Can i please get some general information about a 2012 Toyota Corolla? Well, my Corolla has been sitting in one place for almost one year...not even crunk up or moved. (actually, the battery has been removed). Now I am about to start up the car and drive it again, but I've heard that the motor could have went bad sitting for so long, what with gasoline sitting in it and no lubrication of parts. Supposedly a gasket or gaskets could blow. What are the odds that my car, being only four years old, will have a busted motor due to sitting for so long?? Thanks so much.

MikeCStig
04-28-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure about the engine or gaskets blowing, but after sitting that long, I wouldn't trust the fuel if you didn't put some kind of fuel stabilizer in it. Drain the fuel and bleed the lines before you fire that thing up.

harleyguy
04-28-2016, 02:57 PM
You should be fine I have see older cars sit longer than that without a problem. Personally I wouldn't even worry about the gas yes it's a little old but it will burn. Run it then with the next tank add some fuel system cleaner. All that being said check fluids before you start it. You might also disable the ignition (pull a fuse or relay) and crank it to get fluids flowing.

Brian R.
04-28-2016, 04:34 PM
I agree about the bad gas. Siphon out what you can before you start it up and put in a few gallons of fresh gas. Fill it up first thing. You don't have to worry about flushing the lines, the fuel pump will do that for you.

I would also replace the oil.

Add your comment to this topic!