Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

yu-gi-oh like or dislike

yu-gi-oh
07-01-2003, 04:05 PM
When i first heard about yu-gi-oh I thout it was pretty lam but when I saw it I thought it was pretty cool.

ac427cpe
07-01-2003, 10:19 PM
more of the kids version of japanese styled animation, i don't know if i'd call it "anime"... my little brothers love it, i've watched it with them a couple times, it's not bad.

sugarcaddy
07-02-2003, 09:11 AM
It's up there on my top 5 worse anime shows right behind Pokemon and Digimon.

Scott

2of9
07-02-2003, 09:42 PM
eh? i dunno why kids play and buy the cards... but wait i play it too:cwm27: i saw a kid in Shinders that bought a $70 card, he will regret that day he bought that card.

B16 SiRII
07-04-2003, 09:12 AM
no way....shows like that downright piss me off...sugarcaddy got it right on the money! Plus the card game is no THAT complex...something like Magic: The Gathering is a little more my taste.

zyajzarc
07-05-2003, 01:15 AM
hmm.. Yu-Gi-Oh! is ok.. i mean many of the episodes are cheesy and stuff like that, but the overall aspect of the anime is BETTER than that of pokemon and digimon (the only 2 other shows like Yu-Gi-Oh!). In my opinion the anime CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (Cardcaptors in the US). It has the drama, action, and the same "playing card" structure, but to my knowledge there is no official card game for it.

sorry to go off topic, but B16 SiRII if you like "complex" card games like magic, you should try playing Legends of the Five Rings. That's the most complicated game i've played, and i've played Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and L5R (legends of the 5 rings), so yea. Its a great game to play if you have lots of time on your hands.

ST-001
06-14-2004, 09:35 AM
I reckon if u like pokemon and digimon u should like yu gi oh. But dat my own opinion since the three are quite similar in some ways

LMLAngel2002
08-10-2004, 12:42 AM
don't know.. only seen my little brother play it... he seems to really enjoy it so whatever works :-D

driftsilvia
11-05-2004, 12:47 PM
i like the monsters but not the story

dpsayz
01-01-2005, 01:07 AM
yo gi oh sux :loser: .. period .. Or maybe its the translated version .. sometimes when they translate it the emotions and expressions don't match up or isn't exsitant in our culture .. that or the writers got a little too carried away ..

in other words .. it suxxxxxxxxxxx

NiceCarsBud
06-25-2005, 05:09 AM
it sucks!

-Jacko-
07-14-2005, 03:47 PM
it sucks!

red933
11-06-2005, 03:56 PM
All I know is that all of this stuff sucks. I cant believe my son would rather "duel" with yu-gi-oshit cards than throw the football around with me.

Dyno247365
12-04-2005, 01:26 AM
All I know is that all of this stuff sucks. I cant believe my son would rather "duel" with yu-gi-oshit cards than throw the football around with me.

Yu-Gi-Oh! the game is addictive, just like Magic, but it's more fast paced then Magic because It has something called traps lol.

If he prefers a card game to a fun sport, It might just be a phase. And because your son is into yugioh he's getting smarter(if he's playing the right way with tons of rules). smarter means more money, he'll be rich and support you in your old age. :2cents:

2strokebloke
12-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Stupid as hell. If you thought pokemon was bad - watching this would probably give you a brain tumor.

Dyno247365
12-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Stupid as hell. If you thought pokemon was bad - watching this would probably give you a brain tumor.

There was a 1st season show very different from the american and even japanese seasons. I liked it because it was darker. I've heard the uncut dubbed dvd, of the series you speak of wasn't so bad and less of the plot was lost. But yeah watching it on tv just gives aneurisms.

-Jacko-
12-13-2005, 02:23 AM
That NiceCarsBud guy is cool, why did he get banned?

brady_381need72c10
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
i have the yugioh cards as well and i play for fun (unless i win then i play for keeps) everytime i play my brother i beat him in about max- 5 moves<= that tells you how powerful my deck is! and my brother has a really good deck but he needs to upgrade cause its based of the card "umi"!
so all i do is destroy that card and then his deck is useless!

Dyno247365
06-23-2007, 11:49 AM
i have the yugioh cards as well and i play for fun (unless i win then i play for keeps) everytime i play my brother i beat him in about max- 5 moves<= that tells you how powerful my deck is! and my brother has a really good deck but he needs to upgrade cause its based of the card "umi"!
so all i do is destroy that card and then his deck is useless!

Lol well you can't base your deck around 1 of 4 cards regardless because it's hard to get them out, they're just for support, UNLESS you have a card that will search for them in the deck or graveyard, I kinda miss yu-gi-oh!, I used to play in weekly tournaments with my friend at the card store. We even went to the regional and I got farther then him (plain luck depending on who got the worse card maker to play against) I don't know if you remember when the new black luster card was all the rage, it was a CHEAP card.

My favorite card, tough one, I'd say Injection Fairy Lily, but I'd never base a deck around her.

drunken monkey
06-23-2007, 06:35 PM
congrats; year and a half old thread.

Add your comment to this topic!