Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for parts for a 1999 Toyota Corolla

Kalendral
04-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Hi,

This is my 1st time posting. I have a 1999 (T reg) Toyota Corolla 1.3 petrol engine. It went in for it's MOT this week & apparently it needs a new set of rear suspension tie bars. Our mechanic is trying to get them from a Toyota dealer but no one has them in stock so they need to be ordered from Japan (at great expense - £256 before VAT). This means they won't make it here until early/mid May & the car won't pass it's MOT until they're installed, & I therefore can't drive it until then. The problem is I am disabled & on a very limited income, & I rely heavily on having a car to be able to get anywhere including work, food shopping, etc. I can't afford to pay for taxis on top of shelling out for the parts so I've no idea how I'm going to get into work over the next month let alone anything else. I'm therefore hoping someone will know where I can get 2 rear suspension tie bars for a 1999 Toyota Corolla in the UK or online that would get here quicker &/or be cheaper than the ones from Japan. Any advice very gratefully received. Thanks.

Crvett69
04-19-2016, 04:49 PM
rockauto.com has them listed for about $27-36 each. look like there are 4 total, not sure what ones you need. if they won't ship to you and you have the part numbers might be able to have them drop shipped from japan to you

Add your comment to this topic!