Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling fan

thunderbirdsc
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, I have a 91 tbird sc, the cooling fan is not kicking in and then car bOILS over, I changed the temperature sending unit and no DIFFERENCE
Im not sure if in the 91 the cooling fan was supposed to turn on when I hit the defrost, but It did for the last few months, its not any more though,. a mechanic told me it was normal but I dont ever remember it doing that before, also the heater is still blowing heat so i didnt think it was the thermostat. Or water pump, Any help appreciated. :lol2:

TBirdBob
04-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, I have a 91 tbird sc, the cooling fan is not kicking in and then car bOILS over, I changed the temperature sending unit and no DIFFERENCE
Im not sure if in the 91 the cooling fan was supposed to turn on when I hit the defrost, but It did for the last few months, its not any more though,. a mechanic told me it was normal but I dont ever remember it doing that before, also the heater is still blowing heat so i didnt think it was the thermostat. Or water pump, Any help appreciated. :lol2:

For more help, go to this forum: http://forums.tccoa.com/index.php

rhandwor
05-04-2016, 11:46 AM

Try tapping the cooling fan motor with a hammer when motor is hot enough for the fan to turn on, If the fan runs replace the cooling fan motor a common problem.

Add your comment to this topic!