Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2012 Ford escape starting issues

imakedacookies
04-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone, I bought a 2012 Ford Escape about two months ago. It is the limited 4x4 with the 4 cylinder. Out of nowhere Im having issues with it. It is having a very hard time starting, it cranks for a good 5 seconds, starts to sputter then I have to mash the gas to bring it to life. Once its on it runs just fine. There is also no correlation between the amount of time in between being on and how hard it is to start because sometimes its easier after I just ran it, other times it seems worse. Im really hoping it is just dirty injectors or something stupid like that. This problem started a week ago or so, so I havnt had any time to tinker with it, just been driving my truck instead. Also, I dont know if it has anything to do with it but it is also having electrical issues. My radio, ac/heater and anything in that console that has lights flicker on and off, my radio buttons on my steering wheel do completely random functions, my radio changes channels, inputs, and volumes when the car is started and my timer to keep the radio on after the car is shut off are not working. Im really confused if all of these things are connected or if my car is just a big problem. My main concern is the starting obviously, but any fixes to any of these problems would be awesome.

Add your comment to this topic!