Page updated on 09-20-2017

HRM gt40 resin kit question

GTRfan01
02-27-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi all,
done a search but cant find the answer, hoping someone out there can shed some light.

i have the HRM 302 engine resin kit for the fujimi gt40 mkI.
I understand the mkII had the big block 427 so it doesnt really suit, but has anyone built the fujimi gt40 mkII with the HRM 302?
are there any issues apart from it being technically incorrect?

I'm contemplating weather i use my HRM kit on the MKII gt40 i already have or if i should buy a mkI especially to fit the HRM kit into.
what should i do?

thank in advance

jayll
02-28-2016, 12:57 AM
I would buy or trade for the MKI and sell the MKII if you can't seem to find a trade, or you don't see yourself building both. I'd use the MKI kit myself as it would drive me crazy that it wasn't correct. Don't know about the fit, I'm guessing it could be made to work.

GTRfan01
02-28-2016, 01:28 AM
I would buy or trade for the MKI and sell the MKII if you can't seem to find a trade, or you don't see yourself building both. I'd use the MKI kit myself as it would drive me crazy that it wasn't correct. Don't know about the fit, I'm guessing it could be made to work.

thanks for the reply, i will still build the mkII, as i love the gulf livery, just not sure if i should use the HRM kit on that or buy a mkI especially for fitting the HRM kit to.

OutaFocus
02-28-2016, 09:42 AM
The Gulf livery was found on Mk1 GT40's

griffin-gt40
02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
The only difference with the Fujimi MKII and MKI kits, are that the MKI has the separate rear body deck and the MKII is a 1 piece body. The chassis and suspension parts are all the same. So likely, most people would never know that it was a 302 as opposed to a 427 under the hood. You could probably just kitbash the missing or different parts to complete the top of the engine for the 427 over the 302's webers.

GTRfan01
02-29-2016, 07:38 AM
The only difference with the Fujimi MKII and MKI kits, are that the MKI has the separate rear body deck and the MKII is a 1 piece body. The chassis and suspension parts are all the same. So likely, most people would never know that it was a 302 as opposed to a 427 under the hood. You could probably just kitbash the missing or different parts to complete the top of the engine for the 427 over the 302's webers.

thats the info i needed, cheers!

Add your comment to this topic!